Chapter 30

"Bunny, are you gonna come out of bed soon?" Your mom asked as you heard the door creak.

You whined, pulling the covers over your head as you turned to sleep on your left side. You did not want to leave bed at all. That wasn't in the plan for this week. The plan being: sleep, eat, go to the toilet and cry, sleep again and repeat the whole process.

"You can't stay up here forever," she said as she sat at the edge of your bed and placed her hand on your calf.

"I can and I will," you mumbled.

She sighed. "We need help at the cafe. It'll be good if you get out, get some fresh air, talk to some people, instead of watching reality TV everyday."

"I don't want to."

Your mom paused. You felt her slip her hand away. "He's sent you flowers again."

"He has?" You took the covers away from your face, looking your mother in the eyes. You didn't know why it made you happy. Maybe you thought he still cared for you or wanted to be with you, but you were the one who ended it. You sighed, aware of your stupidity. "Nevermind. Just—throw them away."

"Oh, sweetheart," she said as she comforted you. "It's okay to miss him. You're allowed to."

"But he's a dick."

She let out a soft snort as she sighed. "You know, I think he does love you–"

"He doesn't. He made that clear."

"Let me finish," she said and you shut your mouth. "The night I caught you two in the car–"

"The night you punched him?"

"Jesus, can you let me speak for one second?"

"Sorry." You laughed.

She paused as she shook her head. "By the end of the night, I could just tell there was something special there. The way he looked at you and how desperate he was for me to like him... He loves you. He does. But I'm not sure what's stopping him from saying it."

"If this is supposed to make me feel better, it's not. Now, I want to take him back, which you know I'm not allowed to do."

"I'm not saying take him back. I'm saying, if you're upset because you think he doesn't love you, it's not true. There's probably something that's keeping him from saying it."

"I don't know." You tutted. "He's never really mentioned anything about love in his past. I just know he has an ex wife."

"That could be it, you never know."

You shrugged, turning back to your side and shutting your eyes closed.

"So, you're staying in honeybun?"

You groaned, crossing your arms. You weren't sleeping. Even though you were sitting in bed everyday for the past two weeks, you hadn't ever gone to sleep. Your body couldn't, it wasn't something you were capable of anymore. You ended up watching whatever show was available each and every night and day. You were exhausted physically and emotionally.

"No, I'll come help at the café. Just give me a minute to get dressed."

"Good girl," she said and patted you on your leg before leaving your room.

All you wanted to do was cry, but unfortunately, that wasn't an option, one cup of tears wasn't on the list of ingredients for cinnamon rolls. So, instead you placed both hands on the counter, the stand mixer sitting between them and took three deep breaths before going back to following your dad's family recipe. Suck it up, you thought. Suck. It. Up. You clapped the flour dust off your hands and proceeded to wipe them against your apron.