Chapter 27

"She punched him?" Troy laughed as he took a tub of ice-cream out of his freezer. "I hate to be that bitch, but it really seems like that's karma for you ditching me on Blackout Friday."

"I'm sorry," you said sincerely. "Never again." You clapped your hands together and smiled as he slid the box across the table. "Now, get me a spoon for my chocolate ice-cream."

"Yes, ma'am." He pulled out two spoons for the both of you.

"But anyway, get this," you said. "He called me to his office three days ago and asked me to come with him to California."

"And why is that a bad thing?" Troy furrowed his brows as he ate a scoop of the ice-cream.

"Because I don't wanna go. And it felt more like a spur of the moment thing."

"How was it 'spur of the moment?'"

"Because uh–" You stuck your spoon in the tub, messing around with the ice-cream. "He said it after we had sex," you mumbled.

"Little louder," Troy said.

"He said it after we had sex."

"Ew," he exclaimed. "In his office?"

"Yeah..."

"Where?"

"On the couch," you said quietly, putting the spoon into your mouth.

"Babe, people sit there," he yelled as he laughed. "You two are wild."

"Says you." You scoffed. "You had sex with your ex twice in a public bathroom."

"That is besides the point," he said. "And anyway, if you didn't want to go on the California trip, why did you call me asking whether or not I had ice-cream?"

You frowned as you sighed. "Because I miss him."

"And..."

"I wish I was there with him."

"Thank you for your honesty," he said and you let out a soft snort. "You should've just gone."

"Ugh." You groaned. "I know, but at the same time it's like—I have my parents to take care of and work to do, so I can't really go with him."

"Completely understandable."

"I don't know what's happened to me, though," you said. "It's like I go feral whenever he's away."

He laughed as he placed a hand on your back. "Do you wanna watch romcoms and cry while we think about our boyfriends?"

"Yes," you nodded as he guided you to the living room. You sat down on the couch while Troy opened Netflix on his TV. You held the ice-cream tub close to your chest. You felt stupid now that you rethought the situation. You checked your phone, hoping Kylo had tried to call you or at least send you a message, but there was nothing. No notifications.

"Let it all out," Troy said as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder, sitting next to you. You rested your head on his shoulder.

"I just feel like we never get to see each other because he's so busy," you said.

"I feel the exact same way about Armitage," he said. "And the worst part is that it's because of your stupid boyfriend."

"He is stupid." You whined. "He can't even take time out of his day to send me one message. One."

A phone in the room buzzed as you said that and your eyes widened, hoping by some ridiculous, fated moment, you had summoned Kylo. You quickly checked your phone, wondering if the buzz came from yours, but then you saw your blank screen. No new messages. And as you turned to look at Troy, you saw the wide grin on his face and you concluded that Hux had messaged him.