Chapter 9

"You're kidding," you exclaimed.

"Nope," Edward said.

"You've never tried a souffle before?"

"Never." He shook his head.

"We have to order it." You were surprised at how much fun you were having on your date. Ever since your 24th birthday party, you've never really clicked with anyone other than the guy you hooked up with. Although, you didn't exactly remember anything about the way he looked—you were blackout drunk. All you could remember was that it was the best conversation you'd ever had and the best sex you had experienced in your entire life. Edward was funny and he didn't judge you. It was almost refreshing to speak to someone so open and honest. You felt comfortable which made you happy.

You and Troy were sitting next to each other opposite Troy's date and his friend. It was the best way to not arouse any suspicion in case there were any paparazzi nearby.

"I'm excited," Edward said.

"You should be," you said with a grin. "It's my favourite dessert."

"Well, if it's your favourite it should be good," he said.

You took a sip of your drink, hiding the fact that you were blushing. You'd only been on two dates since your birthday, but this one was better than you had expected, even if you could hear Troy shamelessly flirting with his own date.

"So, how long have you been working at Ren Industries?" Edward asked.

"Two years now," you said. "It's genuinely the best job I've ever had."

"Wow," he said. "I've heard good things about—Kylo Ren—is it?"

You nodded. "We don't see him much at work, but when we do everyone's always terrified."

"I can imagine." He laughed. "No offence to your boss, but he doesn't seem to be the friendliest person ever."

You smiled. "He has his moments." You cleared your throat. "But yeah. He's fucking terrifying."

Edward laughed.

The cakes arrived at the table. You almost burst out laughing when you heard Troy say, "I'm really good with my hands." You were shocked at how natural it sounded. But then it made you realise that it was your turn to flirt with your date.

"Are you ready to try the best cake known to mankind?" You said as you scooped up a small piece of the gooey chocolate cake.

"Alright," he said.

You directed your spoon towards his mouth, indicating that he take a bite of the souffle. He leaned forward and ate from it while making eye contact with you. You smirked, knowing your trick had worked. Men were very easy to figure out for you.

"So?" You said.

He swallowed it down and said, "incredible." You had a slight suspicion that he wasn't just talking about the cake.

"Right?" You exclaimed as you took a bite of your own from the same spoon. You slowly licked the excess chocolate off of it as you looked through his golden brown eyes.

"You have good taste," he said with a smirk. He picked up his spoon to take a bite out of the cake.

"Don't get too full," you said. "You need to save room for dessert."

"Isn't this dessert?" He said as he took a bite.

You ran your foot up his leg slowly, making sure your touch would linger. "Different kind."

He froze for a few seconds as he looked at you then leaned back in his chair while crossing his arms. "I see." He nodded. "And that second dessert would be...?"

You almost laughed at how unsure he was of what you were saying. "Me."

"Right." He scratched the back of his neck. "Well, I don't want you to take this the wrong way." He leaned forwards and grabbed your hand, gently holding it. "As much as I would love that second dessert, I really like you and I want to take things slowly."

You raised your foot higher as you leaned in, giving him your best 'fuck me' eyes. You hadn't had sex in a very long time and Edward was the only guy you had felt comfortable with in a while. You nodded as you tilted your head, resting it on your hand.

"Don't give me that look," he said as he smiled.

"What look?"

He shook his head and laughed. "You're good."

"I don't know what you're talking about," you whispered.

"You don't want to tonight," he said.

"Why not?"

"Because that little black dress looks rather expensive and I'd hate to rip it apart and make you pay for a new one."

"Troy can pay for it. I don't care."

He chuckled softly. "Another time." He kissed the back of your hand. "Say, next Sunday?"

Damn Mr Ren for unknowingly being a massive cock blocker, you thought to yourself. "I can't. I have a thing."

"A thing?" He said curiously.

"Work related."

"How about–" he shuffled through the inside of his coat and pulled out a business card. "Whenever you're free, call me."

****

"But Kylo, someone might see us from the window," you said as you propped yourself up on the counter. You were in Mr Ren's apartment—you recognised it from his vogue 73 questions video.

"Good, I want every passing stranger to see what's mine." He placed his hands on your waist as he leaned in towards your ear and whispered, "I want your naked body displayed in an art gallery with my name written on the information plaque."

"And?" You said, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"I want you to take off your clothes," he said. "Now."

He backed away as he watched you hastily take your dress off. You were nervous and you wanted to please him. He was your boss, after all.

"Come here," you said, sitting in nothing but the lingerie Mr Ren had picked out for you.

He pulled you closer to him and you arched your back into the new position. He laid you down onto the counter slowly as he kissed your neck. You tugged at his hair, desperate for some sort of anchor. You were enamoured by the sensation of his lips brushing against your bare skin. The way his fingers slid from your stomach, sneaking into your panties forced a moan out of you. You were soaking. His fingers found their way to your folds, massaging them in the most pleasant way possible.

"Kylo," you moaned.

You heard someone call out your name—you thought it was Kylo, but as you moaned your boss's name yet again, you awoke from your sleep only to see Troy in your bedroom laughing his head off.

You weren't sure why you would dream of such a thing, but the one thing you were certain of was that you could not meet Kylo Ren for that second date—or for a while for that matter.