Chapter 22

"The rules are simple for how to play it," you said as you shuffled the cards. "It's like regular poker, but instead of betting money, you bet an article of clothing. So, for example I would say 'I bet my earrings,' if I lose the game, then I have to take my earrings off."

"Okay," Kylo said.

"Are you ready to lose all your clothes, Mr Ren?" you said, smiling as you finished dealing the cards.

"Only if you're ready to lose yours," he said as he leaned back in his chair, looking at his cards.

"Doubtful," you said. "I'm really good at poker."

"You can't be good at poker," he said as he rubbed his chin with his index and middle finger. "It's a game of luck."

"To losers," you said and that immediately made his eyes dart straight back to you. "Sorry." You let out a nervous chuckle.

"No, it's fine," he said. "I like this side of you."

"Really?"

He nodded.

"Well," you said. "Get ready to lose, old man."

He laughed as he shook his head. "I'm going to make you regret calling me that."

"That's your name in my contacts too." You giggled.

"Hmm," he said. "Looks like you'll need some type of punishment tonight."

Your eyes lit up. A normal person would hate to hear that they deserve a punishment, but not you. You weren't normal. Ever since Paris, nothing else had happened between the two of you. It was a one time thing on his end, even though you wanted him to do it a lot more. Hearing that he was going to punish you again gave you a sense of excitement—eagerness. You yearned for the touch of his skin against yours, even if it was painful.

"I guess I'll have to try to be on my best behaviour," you said, but you didn't mean it.

"You will," he said. "Because if you decide to be a bad girl tonight, I'll really have to teach you a lesson."

You hummed—it almost sounded like a squeal. You were so thrilled by the idea of what would happen by the end of the night, but you tried to act innocent, even though you wanted him to punish you, you had to be oblivious to your own behaviour. "Yes sir."

He smiled. "I'll start." He ran a hand through his hair. "I bet my shoes."

"Me too," you said. You weren't too confident with your cards, so you just went along with his plan.

You revealed the next card in the centre of the table, and sure enough, it did not help you whatsoever when it came to winning. You looked at your cards then at him, trying to analyse his body language. It wasn't helpful at all. He knocked on the table, signifying a check. "I raise you my jacket," you said.

He looked at his cards, taking it into consideration before saying, "fold." He revealed his cards on the table—they weren't good.

"Wow," you said.

"What?"

"Too scared to lose your jacket?"

"I don't feel confident with my cards," he said. "Now, show me yours."

"Take off your shoes first," you said.

He sighed as he slid them off quickly. You stifled a laugh, amused at how annoyed he was by the fact that he lost the first round.

"Show me your cards."

You put them down on the table, showing him how truly horrendous your own cards were as well. He was shocked at how easily you had manipulated him by betting your shirt.