Chapter 20

He was stiff at first, but suddenly and serendipitously he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you closer to him. You cupped his cheek as your stomach fluttered at the titillating sensation of his hands on your skin, gripping you, almost as if he was afraid you were going to leave. Leaving was the last thing on your mind right now. Even though this wasn't the first time you'd kissed, it felt special—sensational. It was as if you were the only two people in the entire world. It was somehow even better than your first kiss. Maybe it was because you hadn't realised how much you longed for his lips to touch yours, or maybe the circumstance was more correct. Either way, there was only one thing to conclude—Kylo Ren was one hell of a kisser. You would've collapsed onto the ground if it weren't for his big arms, hoisting you up and keeping you in place as you continued to savour every moment the two of you pulled away for breath, each time his tongue would slip in, or whenever he would pull you even tighter against him. That was until you finally pulled away, resting your head on his chest. It was just the two of you for once. No work, no asshole friends, no assistants. Just you and Kylo. He kissed your forehead before brushing a strand of hair away from your face. You looked up at him, and he looked at you, not a single word uttered from either of your mouths because at the end of the day, your kiss was everything you needed and wanted to say.

"Kylo, are you coming back?" You heard a woman yell from inside his apartment.

Your jaw dropped immediately as anger began to boil up inside of you. You removed his hands from your waist as you stepped away. "You–"

"It's not what it looks like."

You became even angrier as the woman came to the door to see what was going on. "Oh, who's this?" She said.

"I'm nobody," you said. "I'm leaving, goodbye." You waved awkwardly before running a hand through your hair as you turned on your heels, stalking off through the hallway.

You were so indignant at the fact that he had just kissed you so passionately when he had another woman waiting for him that you kicked a plant pot before the elevator door opened. You couldn't figure out what you had expected from him in the first place. You thought he was endearing for confessing to you about his past and defending your honour, but clearly neither of you were ever on the same page. It was a stupid situation—and a frustrating one at that. You just wanted to be out of it. You didn't want a repeat of your ex.

As soon as you reached the ground floor and the elevator doors opened, you were presented with a very out of breath Mr Ren. "I can explain," he said, but you weren't in the mood. You brushed past him, speed-walking to Troy's car. "I don't wanna hear it." He tried grabbing your arm, but you dodged him before he could.

"I didn't know you were coming and–"

"What a great way to lead," you said sarcastically.

"Just listen to me," he said sternly as you reached Troy's car.

"I really don't think anything you have to say will benefit me," you said. "To be honest, I think we should both just move on from whatever feelings we had for each other because clearly this is never going to work out."

Kylo furrowed his brows, looking at you as if he was fed up. "Is that what you want now?"

"Yes." you nodded.

He looked at you for a split second before he sighed as he turned around, not saying anything else and walking back into his apartment complex. He raised his hands to his face as he let out an audible grunt. You didn't care whether or not he was pissed off. Clearly, this was a game to him and you were tired of playing. In fact, you had essentially just flipped the whole board upside down. You stepped into Troy's car and slammed the door behind you.