Chapter 12

Your heart was beating at an incredibly fast rate. There were many ways that this was a bad idea and you had already created a mental list in your head;

How kissing Kylo Ren could go incredibly fucking wrong:

1) It could become awkward between the two of you.

2) The kiss could be horrible.

3) He might think you're a bad kisser.

4) He might be a bad kisser.

5) You wouldn't know what to do with your hands.

6) You would freak the fuck out.

But among the negatives there was only one single positive. If you kissed Mr Ren, it could become closure for your dream. You'll get one kiss that could release all the uncomfortable energy in your body that made your face heat up whenever you thought about Mr Ren. You wanted that more than anything.

You took a step closer towards your boss. You had no idea of how you were going to initiate this. "So, uhm—how do we go about this?"

Mr Ren furrowed his brows. He looked as if he was suppressing a laugh.

"Because I don't wanna do anything that might make you uncomfortable or—"

Before you could finish your sentence, Mr Ren leaned in and kissed you, cupping your cheek. You were so shocked that you froze at first, but then you fluttered your eyes shut and allowed yourself to melt into it. His lips were soft and gentle. You felt the tension in your body slowly release as you wrapped your arms around his neck. He was a good kisser. My god, you thought. It was almost as if your lips fit perfectly together. Either that or he was an insanely good kisser which was the more plausible option. You could've gone on for hours. You hadn't realised how much you had craved him—not until this moment. It was probably all because of the dream, but you were surprised at how much you were actually enjoying the kiss. You almost felt yourself getting lost in it. That was until he pulled away and you regained your consciousness, slipping your arms back to your sides. Your eyes were still closed.

"Or we could do it like that," you said as you turned your head to the ground, unable to make eye contact with him.

"Are you okay?" He asked and you could hear the grin in his voice.

"I'm just—yeah I'm fine," you said along with a nervous laugh, fiddling around with your fingers.

He placed his hand on your panicked ones and said, "we'll blame it on the figs."

You nodded as you smiled.

****

"It's Friday night, you know what that means?" Troy said with a smirk. "Spill everything."

"Where do I even fucking start?" You said as you broke your chopsticks apart.

"I know I know," Troy said as he raised his arm.

"Troy, I'm not your teacher, you can just say what's on your mind," you said and laughed.

He rolled his eyes. "Let's start with Edward."

"What about him?"

"I thought you really liked him. That's what you said last time."

"I do, but I haven't really contacted him since our date." Your mouth was stuffed with sushi.

"Why not?"

"A lot has happened since then."

"Like..."