Chapter 24

"You had sex," Troy said as soon as you answered his call.

"What? How did you–"

"I can sense it."

"How is that even possible?"

"I'm a witch."

"Did I accidentally tell you?"

"No, I'm kidding," he said. "I was looking at your snapchat location the other day and saw you were at Kylo's address all night. So, you've basically just confirmed my suspicions."

You sighed. "I hate you."

"Love you too," he said. "Where are you, by the way?"

"I'm at the supermarket," you said as you placed an item into your basket.

"Shouldn't you be at work?"

"This is work," you said, walking through the aisle. "They needed me to pick up a few things for them."

"They as in...?"

"Coraline and Ricky," you said quietly.

"Bestie, that's just simply not your job."

"Well, these are necessary items."

"What do they need?" Troy asked, clearly annoyed by your continuous lack of self worth.

"Snacks..."

"I'm gonna say this one time and one time only," he said sternly. "You should not be doing your coworkers' errands there are assistants for–"

You stopped listening as you saw a familiar face wave to you, hanging up on the phone after telling Troy you'll call him back. It was Edward. You hadn't seen or spoken to each other since before Paris. Granted, he did try to message you, but you were still in your starstruck Mr Ren phase that you weren't even bothered to respond back.

"Hey," you said timidly as he approached you.

"Hi," he said. "It's been a long time. How are you?"

"I'm doing pretty good," you said. "How are you?"

"I'm alright."

There was a moment of silence—a moment where the both of you realised you had nothing to say to each other, or rather, you felt uncomfortable having ghosted him and had no idea whether he resented you for it or not. You cleared your throat and from a complete second of impulsivity you felt the need to clarify, "I can't go out with you."

"Oh?"

"I'm sorry, I know it's random, but I just wanted to let you know why I didn't respond to your–"

"It's your boss isn't it?" He said, crossing his arms.

Your mouth was agape as you simply stared at him, unsure of how to respond. You didn't even know how he had reached that conclusion, but as the seconds passed by you realised that you should say something. Otherwise, it would appear that he was correct in his judgement and you could not do that to Kylo.

"I'm not sure what you mean by that," you said.

"I figured there was something going on between the both of you or at least with him because every time we planned a date, he seemed to always find a way to stop you from going."

You stayed quiet, unsure of what to say.

"It's fine. Really," he said. "I won't tell anyone either if that's what you're worried about."

"I–"

"No, it's okay. You don't have to say anything."

"Thank you," you whispered.