Chapter 14: Kylo's Chapter

There was only one thing on Kylo Ren's mind ever since your last date together. He had developed feelings for you, which was something he hadn't experienced in a very long time. The last time he would recall doing so is when he first met his ex wife. At first, he was just being kind to you so you would stay in the fake relationship with him, but then it became very evident after the kiss you shared and the time which you spent together, that it wasn't just because of your arrangement.

"Feelings? For her?" Hux said as he stood in front of Kylo's desk. "Forgive me for being blunt, Kylo, but what in god's name has gotten into you?"

"I can't put it into words exactly, but she's great."

"Great?" Hux said. "You've only known her for three weeks and she's your employee."

"We have a lot more in common than you think."

"Like what?" Hux seemed agitated.

"It doesn't matter right now," Kylo said as he turned to his computer. "I'm going to ask her out soon."

"Kylo, I'm not just saying this as your assistant, I'm saying this as your friend. Have you for one second thought about if she even liked you back, or what her coworkers would think of her if the two of you start dating? Have you considered that at all?"

Kylo placed two fingers on his chin as he leaned back in his chair, taking a moment to think. He had thought of what Hux had said multiple times, but there was one overwhelming thought that overcame every other one. Whenever he saw you or pictured you in his mind, it made him nervous. His heart would start to beat faster and he would lose all concentration. He felt incompetant for thinking so—pathetic even. He didn't even know if you reciprocated those feelings back. He had developed a crush on a girl who was from an entirely different world than him.

"I have, but I know what I want." He leaned forwards, resting his elbows on his desk. "And I'm going to get her."

****

Kylo had just walked into his hotel room and had begun to settle in with a glass of whiskey, feeling the burn of the alcohol against his throat. He opened a window as he lit a cigarette. It wasn't something he was proud of, but occasionally when he was under a lot of pressure, he would smoke one cigarette to release the tension in his body. He was finally beginning to relax until he heard a scream coming from the room next to his—your room. He quickly put out the cigarette while setting his glass aside at the same time. He rushed outside, running a hand through his hair out of sheer panic. As soon as he opened the door to the hallway, he saw you run outside of yours.

"Are you okay?" He said. "What's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry, Mr Ren if I disturbed you in any way," you said, your voice unsteady. "It's fine I can get someone to deal with it." He found it amusing how you insisted on calling him Mr Ren or sir in almost every sentence.

"What happened?" He said calmly.

"Okay, uh—there's a cockroach in my room and I have a really really big fear of cockroaches to the point where they make me hyperventilate and sometimes I cry and start to have panic attack, so I would really appreciate if someone went in my room and killed it because I will not be able to sleep at–" Kylo grabbed your shoulders to stop you from talking.

"Where did you see it last?"

"It's under the desk," you said as you tilted your head down.

Kylo headed into your room and towards the desk just as you said, searching for the bug that had made you scream bloody murder. He felt you walk behind him very closely, barely grazing his coat. And then he saw it. It moved as soon as Kylo tried to approach it, so he took a step back. Unfortunately, he didn't take into account how much that would freak you out. You jumped onto his back out of instinct, trying your best to avoid your legs reaching the floor. Kylo should've been annoyed by you. He definitely should have felt slightly displeased from the way you were acting toward your own boss. He should've punished you for it, but he thought you were adorable.

He stretched his leg out and stomped on the cockroach, completely crushing it.

"It's gone," he said.

"Can you chuck it outside, please?" You buried your face into his back.

"I'll send a message to the front desk once you get off my back."

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry, sir," you said as you quickly slipped off of his back, running towards the bed and standing on your knees on it. He quickly sent a text message for someone to come and clean the room. "I'm just really scared of cockroaches. I didn't even realise what I did. I'm so sorry."

Your helplessness and the way you talked in such an innocent manner made Kylo grin. He wanted to push it even further. "You should be," he said as he took a step towards you. "That's a very unprofessional way to behave around your boss."

"I'm really sorry, sir. I didn't mean to." His face was only inches away from yours, but the both of you didn't break eye contact.

"I'm very upset with you," he said.

Your eyes looked at his lips so quickly that it was barely noticeable. "How can I make it up to you, Mr Ren?"

"Well, you've been bad," he said. "And bad girls deserve punishment. Don't you think so?"

"What kind of punishment?" You looked at him with puppy eyes.

He leaned in and whispered into your ear. "The kind that makes you beg for forgiveness over and over again until I'm satisfied."

Kylo was very drunk. He had been drinking on the way over and now that he'd reach his hotel room, he was drinking even more.

"I–" Anyone could see that you were becoming light headed.

Kylo heard the door open and immediately stepped away from you. It was a janitor.

"Hello, you called me for a cleanup?"

He pretended as if he was busy with the desk. "Yes, make sure you do a full and thorough clean of the room. We just found a cockroach in here," Kylo said.

The janitor coming in was almost a sign for him to slip back into reality. You would never agree to go out with him if he acted like that towards you. That's what Kylo told himself as he left the room, not bothering to say anything to you or give any explanation as to what just happened.