chapter sixteen

Harry StylesThe sounds of cries makes my eyes shoot open to see Lex curled in a ball into me, her eyes screwed shut with tears rolling down her cheeks

Harry Styles
The sounds of cries makes my eyes shoot open to see Lex curled in a ball into me, her eyes screwed shut with tears rolling down her cheeks. "Lex—" I rasp and sit up.

"You didn't answer me," she sobs making me extremely confused.

"Sorry?" I ask for her to repeat it.

"I said I love you and you didn't say it back," she cries into my chest which makes me widen my eyes.

"When?" I hold the back of her head.

"A few seconds ago.."

I realise. "Baby, I was asleep. you know I would say it back,"

She shrugs, still crying. "There's no need to cry, c'mon," I coo, pulling her the closest she could go to me. "I love you," I whisper as she hugs me back, tighter than I am. "I love you so much,"

She nods and still sobs which was confusing enough. I was happily sleeping and she just randomly woke me up. Her period ended yesterday or the day before, I don't know why she was crying so much, over the fact I was asleep I mean.

"I'm sorry," she wipes her eyes and I shake my head and tuck hair behind her ear.

"It's okay baby," I coo, kissing her head.

"I don't know why I cried," she sniffles.

"Yeah...me either, when did your period finish?"

Her face drops. "Are you calling me moody? Is that what's going on here? You assume everything's my period?"

"No baby," I shake my head. "I'd understand if this was your period, but it's not,"

"I just..." she stutters. "I don't know why I cried," she whines. I rub her arm, trailing down to her hand. "Fuck me!" she then huffs which makes me widen my eyes knowing she can't see.

"Babe..."

"What?" she snaps.

"Calm down...baby what's wrong?"

"I don't know, I feel sad, tired and like I could kill someone at the same time," she balls my shirt. I rub her arm again, feeling the implant in her arm which was always weird to me but her eyes widen in realisation.

"Maybe—" I go to suggest but she cuts me off.

"It's this," she grabs her arm and makes the bar poke out of her arm a little, shaking her head. "This..fucking..thing...I swear—"

"Babe, you can't take it out," I say quickly.

"I can do whatever I damn please," she furrows her brows.

"Yes, you're correct but that means—"

"You're actually gonna have to be careful, yes, to right you are," she taps my cheek with her hand, a randomly warm smile on her cheeks. She then grabs her phone and presses a few buttons.