chapter thirty

a bit of triggers coming up so just be warned (don't wanna spoil it though)

Gemma Styles - 2 weeks later.
I'm shitting myself right now.

To say I'm scared is an understatement. I stare at the pink and white box, my phone on the counter. With Harry at college, it's been so quiet around here for two weeks, and Lex has been over here with us and stays in Harry's room.

She face times him every second of everyday, they fall asleep together on face time too. It's sweet, she stays in his room or goes home, back here and then goes home but today she was at ours again, we didn't mind, Harry pretty much said; use whatever you want, what's mine is yours — so she pretty much lives in his room.

But anyway, there's a side to me that was scared as hell right now, constant jitters and my hands shaking with fear. I swallow and carefully open the thin box, taking the instructions out.

I sniff and read the whole thing in panic, then wiping my tear filled eyes as I take the pregnancy test out the sealed packet and walk over to the toilet. I open the cap and sit on the toilet, peeing on the stick.

I watch it happen to make sure I'm doing it right. Once it's full, I put the cap on and finish up, flushing and sitting back down on the toilet. "Please don't be," I whisper to myself, a tear rolling down my cheek in fear still. "I'm so dead,"

I had missed a period and I felt a little sick this week, which could mean something else but I missed a period so I got worried. I bounce my knees, sniffing and shaking my head. "God," I breathe out.

I don't know what I'd do if this was positive, I would just cry.

After some time, I take the test, refusing to look at it. I screw my eyes shut and toss my head back, sucking in a breath. I look down and as soon as I looked down, the results are through.

Pregnant. 4+.

My heart sink to the bottom of my stomach which made my stomach sink to the bottom of my toes which made it hurt. Fuck.

My face scrunches up before I start crying full on. Sobs fall from my lips, my hands shaking even harder. I didn't know how to feel, tears were non-stop falling down my cheeks and dripping of my chin.

I. was. fucked.

I drop my head and put my hand in my hands with the test in between my fingers. Of course this would happen to me. I always teased Lex about her and Tristan having a baby together as a joke which she didn't find funny but karma happened to me, because here I am.

Pregnant at fucking seventeen.

I knows who baby it is as well. It's Zayn's, the night we hooked up again after our trip, he didn't use a condom. I didn't even realise either, I'm sure he didn't either. That night was all about feeing each other intimately again, not worrying about anything else.

I didn't want to tell anyone, I wanted to keep this a secret. I knew I had to get rid of it, it's the only way I can live a normal life as a teenager. I don't want a baby, Zayn's out of school and I'm still in school, I don't want one. I also don't want Zayn to know because then he might want to keep it and I don't.

"Gem.." my mom knocks making me shoot my eyes up to the door but it was locked. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" I call shakily. "Just...Lex and I didn't get along," I lie stupidly. I need to tell Lex so she can help me with what to do.

"Oh, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," my voice breaks. I hate when someone asks you that in the middle of a meltdown.