The day before and after the change

Date. 1891 or 1893

Esme was on her way home from the store, when she had gotten a call from Carlisle whom was home with their son Taylor who was at home not feeling well but she was worried when Carlisle told her that he had been having a hard time breathing and was wheezing. As soon as she got home she parked the car and quickly sped inside to check on her son, she went up to his room and walked in seeing Carlisle sitting there with him keeping a close eye on him and monitoring him closely. "How he is?" Esme asked as she walked over and sat down in the chair next to his bed, as she gently felt his head before sighing quietly when she felt that he was burning up. "Not to good, he passed out just before you got back but it doesn't look good my love." Carlisle told her, as he watched her take Taylor's hand and hold it as she moved a piece of his blonde hair out of his face. 

"My poor baby boy, if it gets to bad we're gonna have no choice but to turn him before tomorrow. I know he wanted to wait til his birthday, but I don't know if his body or lungs will hold out for that lung." Esme said sadly not wanting to lose her son for good this time, she looked at his sleeping face as he breathed with his oxygen mask on but she saw how sick an weak he looked and it worried her for his well being. "I know, but I honestly don't know if his body will handle the change with as weak as he is." Carlisle told her, as he too become worried for their son's health and well being.

Taylor felt the cold touch of his mother's hand, it never bothered him before but her cold touch definitely helped soothe the fever he felt run throughout his body. His eyes are closed and his face is pale, not as pale as Esme and Carlisle, their paleness is a beautiful white, like little porcelain dolls. Taylor looks sickly with his dark sunken in eyes. He slowly tries to breath in, his chest slowly rose and fell, his breath was raspy and weak. He doesn't have long before he would eventually take his final breath. Esme watched her son and knew that they had to make a choice, but she just wanted him to be okay and make it through this she didn't want to lose her only child. 

Carlisle checked the time and saw that it was almost midnight, he looked back up at his wife and son before softly saying. "It's almost mid night, but I don't know if his body with hold on long enough." He didn't want to lose Taylor either but he knew that it was a risk either way, Esme sighed sadly only if she could cry she would be crying right now but she nodded her head lightly. "We have to at least try." She told him softly as she looked at her husband.

Taylor groans and then he coughs violently. His body is too weak to even lift his hand to cover his mouth. He coughs hard and his lips were lined with blood, it had gotten much worse. Carlisle quickly saw this and quickly propped his head up carefully so the blood wouldn't go into his lungs, he realized this was much worse then it had ever been before. He looked up at his wife as he saw the worry, fear concern and sadness in her eyes he felt bad for her but he knew what he was gonna have to do. 

"He might not make it til the morning my love, were gonna have to turn him before it gets to worse or he may not make it." He told her, Esme nodded her head as she looked at him then at their son as she pressed a cold kiss to his fevered forehead. "I love you my son, please stay strong." She told him in a soft whisper, before looking at Carlisle and nodding her head lightly at him knowing they had to make the call but she knew they didn't have much time to make a choice.

Taylor heard his mom's soft whisper after he had felt her press her cold lips against his fever forehead, he soon started to cough again but with every couple it hurt his chest and lungs badly along with more blood being coughed. Carlisle looked up at the time again as he saw that it was nearly midnight, he then looked back at his wife and son before gently biting him to turn him once it had hit midnight. After he had bit him he pulled back and looked at Esme, as they both watched Taylor as the venom started to go through his blood. 

Taylor was in agonizing pain as he felt the venom from the bite starting to go through his veins and through his whole body, before long he had passed out as his body started to change. "Now we wait to see if it worked." Carlisle said, before taking his wife's hand and going downstairs to wait for him to wake up.

Esme was waiting in the living room down stairs with Carlisle, as they both waited for Taylor to wake up after being bitten the night before at midnight. As Taylor laid on his bed unmoving, the venom started to transform his whole body to where it looked like he had never had any health issues at all. As it started to change him, he started to look a little different then what he had looked like before but he still looked the same mostly.

Once the change was complete Taylor's now red eyes opened as he woke up, he looked up at the ceiling for a few seconds before he sat up and looked around the room taking in his surroundings as he remembered what happened. He then walked out of his room and went downstairs to the living room where he heard his parents talking, he walked into the room and watched as his parents got up once they had seen him.

Carlisle looked at Taylor once him and Esme had heard him walking into the room, he got up as did Esme before he watched her walk over to Taylor. "Your awake, how are you feeling?" She asked her son softly, she noticed that Taylor looked a lot better now that he was turned but she knew that he would need to go hunting soon to feed. "A lot better then I was." Taylor said as he looked at his mom, before she had hugged him which he gladly hugged her back.

Carlisle smiled as he watched his wife and son hug each other, he wondered if esme would be wanting to tag along as they teach Taylor how to hunt. "Do you both feel up for going hunting?" Carlisle asked them both, as he watched them both pull back from the hug. Esme looked at her husband then back at her son knowing they would have to help him learn how to hunt, which she was fine with. "I guess I'll join you guys in going hunting, but how do I keep from hurting people?" Taylor asked his parents, as he listened to what they told him.