Getting back home

As soon as Taylor and Shadow made it back home, Carlisle had Taylor take her down to his office so he could take a look at her. He checked on her and the baby's heartbeat, he was amazed at how fast but yet strong the child's heart was beating. He told them that the child had a strong heartbeat and that for the moment both of them seemed okay, but he was going to have to keep a close eye on her and Bella accept Alice can see what can happen to Shadow while with Bella she can't see anything.

"I'm gonna have you stay in Taylor's room with him, if you need anything I don't want you to do it alone. I don't know how this is going to go and I'm order to make sure everything is going smoothly, I'm gonna have the girls help you once you start to show more if you want but for now Taylor is going to help you with whatever you need Okay? I'm gonna go speak with Alice to see if she's seen anything." Carlisle said, as he went to go talk to Alice while Taylor helped Shadow off the table.

"Come on, lets go talk to my mom and the others okay?" He told her as he took her hand in his and squeezed it gently, before kissing her temple and walking out of the room with her. He could tell she was just as nervous and just as happy, even though her and the baby were alright Taylor was still worried about them both since what would happen down the road was unknown because this had never happened before. Shadow stayed close to Taylor after he helped her off the table and held her hand, she knew that he was nervous and worried even though her and the baby were okay but she had a feeling things weren't going to go very smoothly for her or for Bella.

Taylor walked with her upstairs and into the living room, where he brought her over to the couch and sat down next next to her still holding her hand. "What did Carlisle say?" Bella asked as she sat down on the other side of her friend, Shadow looked at Bella as she squeezed Taylor's hand still he let go and started to rub her leg gently knowing it calmed her down.

"He said everything seems okay, just that the baby as a strong yet fast heartbeat. But it's still a little nerve wrecking for both of us, since there are a lot of unknowns. I'm grateful that we're having a baby...I just want everything to go okay as things progress." Shadow told her best friend as she held her mates hand that was on her knee, before leaning her head against his shoulder. Taylor pressed a kiss to the top of her head, as he then leaned his head against hers gently just sitting there as he talked with his family about what was to come.

After the talk was over him and Shadow headed up to his room where she could rest in a nice comfortable bed, once Taylor had got ready for bed he waited for Shadow to come lay down with him after she changed into one of his shirts and some lose sweat pants.

Shadow hopped into bed with him and laid down on her back, before looking over at him as he laid on his side facing her while gently sitting a cold hand on her clothed stomach. "I know your nervous, I am too but I'm not gonna let anything happen to you or them okay? I love you Shadow and our child, I just want both of you to come out of this alive and alright." Taylor told her softly in a quiet tone of voice, before pressing a kiss to her forehead gently.