3. Hidden In the Sand

Previously,

Hunter's Pov:

After I calmed down though, I got ready and left to collect bounties.

-Hidden In the Sand-

~You told me you fell in love it, hadn't gone as I planned~

So, this chapter is short but I'll add a Hunter moment in for you <3 Now enjoy!

Y/n's Pov:

"Well, Luz, Did you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?" My mom asked Luz. It was a dead animal that my mom wanted to explore. "I don't like this," Luz told us. "Me either." I hold onto Luz's shoulder and my palisman goes on my shoulder. "Yes, It doesn't get more inspiring than the trash slug. It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside." She was rubbing the animal.

"Until bam! It gets basted by the wave one day and croaks from all the salt. And then we get to sell the stuff it ate." She tried handing us a pick. "I think we will do the next one," I suggested. "Please don't make me." Luz pleaded. "Oh come on guys, It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick up garbage carcass." King sarcastically said while putting down a towel. "Eh, nuts to all of you." She hit the animal. "So, Eda..." She flinched when mom hit the trash slug. "What if we tried some new lessons for my apprenticeship? Like..." She flinched again.

"Read ancient scrolls or mix together potions, or..." She tried explaining before my mom interrupted. "Ugh! That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff." My mom complained. "Wait. Is there a magic school here? Like winding towers, cute uniforms, dark plots that threaten your life kind of magic school?" Luz asked. "Mmm-Hmm. What's worse, they force you to learn magic the 'proper' way. But magic isn't proper! It's wild and unpredictable! And that's why it's so beautiful... I didn't finish school and look at me!" She was standing in a pile of junk. "Who wouldn't envy where I am right now?" She asked us.

'Everyone.' I thought. "Uh... Hey, here's a lesson. A great which is resourceful, like this!" She put our hands in this goo and I picked up a cluster of something. "Oh, this is great." I gave her a small smile that didn't match my disgusted face. "Oh hey, greasy slime ball," Luz said. "Use your smile ball wisely, young witch. back at it!" Mom advised before going back to her thing. "We'll hit the stink nodes first!" She told us. "Actually if it's okay, I think I'll head home and look at pictures of animals that are still alive," Luz told her. "And I will go with her to make sure she doesn't get eaten or anything." I offered. "Love you, King! You little beach peach." Luz tickled King.

When we left I pat Luz's hair. "I'm going to my friend's house before they go to school. Don't die." I instructed. "Will do!" She gave me a smile. "Okay. (P/N) let's go." My owl turned into a staff and I hop on. "Don't follow things either." I reminded her. "Yes Ma'am!" She shouted. "(P/N) hit it!" I yelled. My staff started to fly away. I waved at Luz and she waved back.

~Time Skip brought to you by Luz's imagination~

I knock on the door to the Blight house. 'Please don't be Odalia, please don't be Odalia.' I pleaded in my head. Before I could knock again Emira opened the door. "Yeah, we're leaving Mom! Ed hurry up!" She shouted. "Oh hey, Y/n, what are you up to?" She asked me. She had her green hair in a braid and had her school uniform on. "Can I come with you?" I asked. "We are going to school, not the park." She told me. "I know but I'm kinda curious." I fiddled with my fingers. "I mean how can I sneak you in?" Emira crossed her arms with a smirk across her face.