17. Pity Party

Previously,

-Pity Party-

~It's my party and I can cry if I want to!~

I got up and ran downstairs. "Hey-" I looked around the living room. Mom rushed past me. "Can you please be quiet? You scaring the echo mouse. And if he's not happy, I'll never make my way into Amity's heart. I mean make a portal back home." Luz became beet red. "Uh, we have to go." She ran past me. Looked like my birthday wasn't getting celebrated again.

I went back to my room and got on my scroll. I don't remember ever celebrating my birthday. Every year Mom always has something to prioritize instead of me. I mean she was the most wanted criminal for a while so I understand why. But even now I guess it doesn't matter. I got off my scroll after I heard an explosion.

King ran into my room, crying. "Are you okay?" I asked him. "Hooty tried finding out what demon I was and he threw a stupid party just to tell me he didn't know," King explained. "He threw you a party?" I asked King. He nodded. "Well, Hooty had the right intentions," I told him. "I just want to know who I am!" He shouted. "You're King, isn't that enough for now?" I wiped his tears. "Yeah, I guess it is." He smiled. I smiled back at him. "Now I got to go!" King ran away.

I heard Hooty wailing in the background. What the fuck is going on today? Luz went into my room. "Hey, do we have a basement?" Luz asked. "Uh yeah?" I told her. "... Gotta go!" She yelled. I whined as I looked through my scroll. I wanted to call Hunter but I assumed he was busy. I was about to leave my room but I go engulfed by darkness.

~~~~~~

I woke up on the roof. "What is going on?" I asked. "Happy Birthday!" Hooty cheered. There were broken balloons everywhere and a ruined cake. "Thanks, Hooty. This wasn't necessary." I told him. "Of course it was. Eda's sleeping-" He was about to list people. "Wait mom's sleeping?" I asked him. He nodded. "I bet she forgot my birthday..." I look at some unpopped balloons and I kicked them. "I can't believe Mom thinks everything else is more important than me. She barely even talks to me like we used to before. Am I becoming that much of a burden?" I felt tears soak my cheeks.

"No!" Hooty shouted. "No, think about it. She would have had it so much better if I wasn't here! She would have used less of her magic, she wouldn't be stressed, she would have more time to herself..." I noticed the cake looked like King. I laughed as I looked at it. "Is this last minute?" I asked Hooty. "I could tell, this was King's party. Did you forget too?" I scoffed. "Thanks, Hooty, I'm going to bed."

"Wait!" He threw up and I gagged. The pellet opened up to reveal a roughed-up Hunter. "What the... Hunter?" I blushed as I fixed my hair and wiped away my tears. "Y/n?" He got up and looked around as he took off his mask. "Hooty you can't kidnap people!" I told him. "Oh... I'm sorry..." He apologized. "It's fine..." I look back at Hunter and he was holding his staff. "Oh, I was on my shift before I got here but this works too." He told me.

"I'm sorry you can leave. Nothing important's today anyway." I smiled at him. "No! Don't say that!" Hooty shouted. "I just did." I stepped on a balloon and it popped. "Y/n, I got something to tell you." He was about to pull something out of his pocket. "Just leave me alone you two... Please." I requested. Hooty cried and the roof started to shake Hunter ran to me and held me tightly.

The shaking got more violent and Hunter fell to the floor. I backed up and it shook again, I got off balanced and I fell. I prepared to fall but someone caught me. "Mom?" I smiled. She looked like a harpy. King was on Mom's shoulder. "Don't worry. I think it's a good thing." She told me. "But where's Luz?" She asked. I scanned the place. Luz and Amity got out of the basement and part of the tower broke off. "Luz move!" I yelled. King screamed and it managed to break the stone. "Woah... Was that you King?" I mumbled. "Yeah... I think I got a power!" King shouted. Mom flew to the girls and I got off.