9. High School Sweethearts

Previously,
"Alright." I smiled. "Oh, have you seen the movie yet?" He asked me. "No, I did watch the show," I explained. "Wait, don't tell me you watched Steven Universe where he is older." He pleaded. "Oh, yeah I have," I told him. "No..." He groaned. "Here let's watch the movie then, the second show again." He suggested. "If it helps, I never finished Steven Universe Future. I was too busy so I had to drop it." I explained.  "It would have been confusing anyway." He insisted.

-High School Sweethearts-

~Shut up, if you're not my type~

"I'm not ready for this, guys. Maybe we should go back." Luz suggested. "Nah, kid you got this! Just do what we practiced." Mom instructed. "I mean if some of these people can get in, I know you can." I held onto her shoulders. "But what if I mess something up? Or what if I do something wrong? What if I die?" She asked us. "Hey, calm down. First off, you won't die. Second, it will be okay if you mess up once or twice." I assured her.

"Yeah, Y/n had to do it yesterday, and I had to do the same thing when I was a witchling. It's like a rite of passage." Mom told her. "Granted, Y/n is like the second strongest witch in the Boiling Isles, and I was a little more skilled." She added. "Eda!" Luz looked more worried. "Right right sorry. Now get pumped." Mom hyped her up. "Pumped!" Luz repeated. "Get ready!" Mom told her. "Ready!" Luz put on her hood. "Now go!" Mom pushed her on stage. I pulled my scroll out to see Hunter texted me.

[Hunter]
Hey, are you free today? I haven't seen you in a while

[Y/n]
Later today, I'm watching Luz doing her try-out

[Hunter]
Oh, tell me when you're done

I put away my scroll and look at the stage. Luz was chuckling nervously. She threw confetti in the air. "Right. The human that wants to be a witch. Against my better judgment, I've allowed you to take this exam into Hexside. But can you even do magic with all your human parts?" He asked her. "I sure can!" She pointed at him with finger guns. "It's said that humans can't do magic," She showed him a piece of paper like it was 'show and tell'. "But I discovered a lost technique that changes everything." She sets the paper on the floor. She touched one and a ball of light formed. She moved the other paper below the ball and activated it so it became a small beam of ice.

"Spells cast with paper? I've never heard such a thing. But is it enough to pass the exam?" The principal thought out loud. Luz started to panic. "Improvise!" Mom whisper-shouted. "Uh, I can do other things. What about this?" She does that weird eye thing. "Ow! Ow! Eyelash, eyelash." She fanned her eyes. She tripped on the puddle of melted ice and fell into her cape.

She struggled to get it off and fell on Bump. She put her hand on a paper to help her up but then an ice glyph activated. "Oh, my titan." I paced around a little. "Welcome, Luz, to Hexside School of Magic and Demonics." Bump announced. "Way to go!" I cheered. Bump glared at me and I stop.

~~~~~~

We were on our way and I noticed Luz was really nervous. "We gotta go back. This was a mistake." Luz told us. "Yeah, Principal Bump already doesn't like me since I'm your daughter. What will the other teachers think? I don't wanna be a loner either." I played with my gold necklace. "I'm gonna mess things up again and everyone will see, and..." Luz added. "All right. You two need to calm down. Why are you so nervous, Luz? You've been to school before." Mom asked.