8. We Fell in Love in October

Previously,
I came into my room to see Hunter on my bed playing with my bird. "I'm back," I told him while I closed my door. He looked scared for a second but then waved. "Did I scare you?" I sat down next to him as my palisman climbed into a hand. "Kind of. Your Palisman is strangely endearing" He chuckled. "Yeah, (P/N) is friendly to people once they get to know them." I accepted his smile.

-We Fell in Love in October-

~We fell in love in October, That's why I love fall~

I was on the couch as Luz was holding a pamphlet from the school. Mom pulled some strings to get us into school. "Guys, listen to this," Luz pleaded. I was sitting next to Luz but facing her. King was on my lap as I scratched his back. "Now that I'm a student in Hexside I wanna learn all about it! I've got a crush and her name is Education." She told us. King took a bite of the brochure in annoyance. I heard the door get kicked open and I jumped a bit. "Hey, Freeloaders! Guess what today is?" My mom shouted. "Is it your birthday?" Luz guessed. "Is it my birthday?" King asked. "It's my birthday," Hooty claimed. "No, it isn't." I crossed my arms.

"No, It's Human Treasure Day!" Mom kicked the door closed. She threw her suitcase and it formed into a door. When the door opened Owlbert and (P/N) came out holding a huge bag of trash. They set it down as the bag ripped open. The door closed and turned back into a suitcase. Mom laid down on top of the hill. I noticed a stuffed animal and I took it out. "Gimmie!" King ran to me and I gave it to him. "Yes! Another worthy addition to my army of terror." King pulled the string on its back. I sat on the couch with Luz. "Yo, kid, your trash pile is getting cold. While mine's getting hot." Mom told Luz. I started to ignore the conversation as I texted Hunter.

~~~~~~

"(Y/n) How did you do this?" My mom was reading something about bending ingredients into your will. "I don't know." I sat on the counter next to her with my bird in my hair. "But this moment is so peaceful, I wonder what will ruin it this time," I asked out loud. I heard crashing and Luz came in. "You have to teach me a new spell right now!" Luz told us. "Sorry, Luz. these vegetables won't cook themselves... yet." Mom poured a potion onto the food. "All right, everyone into the pot." My mom instructed. All the ingredients ran screaming. "Why'd you think that would work?" I asked her.

"But I need to learn two spells to get into decent classes at Hexside. I can make light glyphs. But at the end of the day, that's the only spell I know." She tried convincing her. "And whose fault is that?" Mom asked. "Yours," Luz admitted. "Ha! Yep! got me there." Mom confessed. "Just teach me a spell. Any spell. It can be the darkest evil." She told us. "Well, I have been researching my texts on wild magic, but I'm much too busy right now." She closed her book and added it to the pot.

"Mom, think about it. You're the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isle. What if they saw one of your students in the baby class?" I asked while my palisman moved from my head and hopped around in my hands. She grumbled and put her hand back on. "In that case, this looks like a job for magic boot camp." She told us. "Did someone say boot camp?" King came inside. "I agree to run it. We'll rise at dawn! You'll carry me on your back as I yell hateful things about your performance." He claimed.

"Nope, you'll have no part in this. Luz needs to focus, and I can't have her go all weird when you do something adorable." My mom explained. "I am not adorable!" He stomped his foot. "Aw, he stamped his little foot," She said in a baby voice. He screeched and slammed the door just to open it and slam it again twice. "Now no time to waste! You have to follow my teachings exactly. We gotta go somewhere special." Mom share. "Can I help?" I got off the counter. "Of course." She put her hand on my shoulder.