7. Mad Hatter

Previously,
"Luz remember our deal?" I asked her. "Yeah, I'll take care of it." She told me. "Thank you sweet pea!" I hugged her and I sat down on the couch. 'King, what are you wearing?" I turned my body towards him. "I don't want to talk about it." he looked to the side. "Alright, hands up," I instructed. He put his hands up and I took the outfit off. "Thank you so much." He climbed onto my lap and I held him.

-Mad Hatter-

~My friends don't walk, they run, Skinny dip in rabbit holes for fun~

As I went to the front door, I noticed a basket. I picked it up and opened the door. I glanced at the couch to see Luz and King standing on the couch. "The book has come to life! Burn it!" King demanded. "Luz, no shoes on the couch." I reminded her as I walked toward the dining table, I put the basket on the table. "Mom, you got a package," I shouted. She walked over to look at it. "Probably an offering. Ah, being the most powerful witch in the Boiling Isles has its perks." Mom told us.

King pulled off the blanket to reveal a baby bat sleeping. "Mmm, fresh meat." King rubbed his hands. "Nope! Not eating that." Luz walked away. "Witches eating babies is so 1693. What is this?" Mom asked. "Well, the note says, 'Take care of my child 'til morning... Yi Yi" I read out loud. "Nope. Babies are awful. Not happening." My mom put her thumbs down. "You will be handsomely rewarded, xoxoxox... The Bat Queen." I picked up some coins. "Bat Queen... reward?" Mom repeated as her eyes glimmered.

"Who's the Bat Queen?" Luz asked. "She's the wealthiest demon on the Boiling Isles. Get in with her and you're set for life. So, we keep this thing alive for a few hours we get paid." She flipped a coin. "Easy." She claimed. "Our greatest adventure yet. Learning about love and life through a child's eyes." Luz started to daydream. "Not you. You and Y/n have to return the books I checked out from the library." She gives each of us a handful of books. I grumble as we head to the door. I heard a screech and I turn around. The baby bat was crying. "On second thought maybe we could use your help!" Mom yelled. "No thanks!" I shouted before Hooty closes the door behind us. "Here." I put my books on the ground and I made them float. "Can I give you my books, please?" she asked. "Sure." I nodded. She placed her books on top of my floating ones before we walked over to the library.

We went inside and the books started to float away. "Late. Late. Coffee, grass, and bloodstains? These are Eda's, aren't they?" The bookkeeper guessed. 'Bingo, Bongo!" I shoot him finger guns. "I'll add it to her tab." The librarian summoned a scroll. "By the way, we're closing early for the Wailing Star meteor shower." He notified us. "Ooh, what's that?" Luz asked. "You're in a library. Read a book." The librarian advised. "I am in a library... I will read a book." Luz ran off to find a good book; I walked around mindlessly before I heard, "Wow! Look Emira! A hottie out of its habitat." I look at Edric, smiling and pointing at me. "Oh shoot you guys are here!" I run over to them and hug them. The bag was shaking by Em as she said, "Yeah, we're delivering Mitten's lunch." Edric nodded. "Alright." I replied, smiling.

We ended up in the kid's zone and Luz walked out she looked bumped out and I saw Amity. "You're gonna let her get to you like that?" Edric leaned on the wall. "You remember the Blight twins, right?" I asked Luz. "Kind of." Luz shrugged. "Watch this," Edric whispered. "Hey, Mittens! Mom says stop forgetting your lunch!" Edric waved it around. Amity went to grab the bag. "And stop being a jerk to your friend." Edric added. "She's not my friend." She took the bag quickly. Luz hung her head and Emira put her hand on her shoulder. "Yeah, makes sense. She seems too cool for you." Emira commented. "You can leave now. All of you." Amity walked back into the kid's section. I laughed and Emira joined.