6. Last Friday Night

Previously,
"When did you do that?" I asked Mom. "During our fight." She confessed. "Sister? Now that's a mysterious past payoff." Luz told us. "Wait until you hear about my grandparents," I advised. "What?! Eda has parents?" Luz asked. "I need to know more," Luz told us. "You very much don't," King said. I smiled.

-Last Friday Night-

~Pictures of last night ended up online, I'm screwed... Oh well~

I sat on the other side of the table as we played Hexes hold 'em. "Watch closely Luz. Hexes hold 'em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles. Any proper witch knows how to play." Mom explained. "Oh, boy, cards. The paper rectangles that old people think are fun." Luz told us. Mom places her card down and lighting covered the table. My cards started to attack hers. "Now, when it looks like the deck is stacked against you, that's when you break out the wild card." My mom pulled out her card and my cards go to flames. And those flames spelled, "Winner: Eda." I put my head down as I whine. "Whoo! I win! In your cute face!" She bragged. "I love the feeling of victory. It feels fluffy?" She questioned. I look up to see her getting feathers.

"Mom, did you drink your elixir?" I asked her as I got up. "Yeah, why?" She asked. "Your curse." I filled her in. She shrieked. "I'll check!" I went to her box and it had three empty bottles. "Mom, you're out." I notified her. "Oh, this is terrible." She told me. "I'm sorry. I should have picked some up." I admitted. "It's not your fault." She messed up my hair. "Last time this happened you turned into this thing." Luz showed us a picture of her glowing rectangle. "I know I should be repulsed but that look is fierce." My mom told us. "Mom!" I crossed my arms.

"Okay, okay, let's head to the market," Mom announced. "Market!" Luz cheered. "I'm going to steal everything that's not nailed down," King told us. "I'm stealing everything whether it's nailed down or not. And also pickpocket!" I shouted. "Before we go, would anyone like to play one more hand of Hexes hold 'em?" She asked. "Not it!" I yelled. Luz handed me her cards. I started to run out the door with my Palisman close behind. "Y/n, you sore loser! Give me back my cards!" My mom shouted as she chased me.

~~~~~~

I held King as mom knocked on the gate. "Hey, open up Morton!" Mom shouted. "Uh, just a minute!" Morton yelled back. I sat down on the bench. "Is there anything better than people-watching in the Demon Realm?" Luz asked. I watched as an egg opens up and a bird flys out. Three people went into the egg and closed the top. Someone else was late and missed it. "The curse of tiny legs," Luz mumbled. "I know the pain," King told us. I held King in my arms. I went over to Luz and mom. "Sorry, Eda. I was up all night poison tasting and for some reason, I don't feel great." Morton clutched his stomach. "Hey, Morton!" I waved at him. "Oh hey, Kiddo!" He smiled. "I'm all out of my juice, pal." My mom told him.

"Oh, gee. Let me see what I can do." Morton looked through his things. "Willow and Gus," Luz said before walking away. I put King on the counter to give my arms a break. I watched him look for the potion until I heard my name. "Y/n! Come here!" Luz waved to me. "I'll be back," I told my mom before going over to them. "Can you do the moonlight conquering with us?" Luz asked. "Sure. I've been to plenty." I smiled. "And we're way better than them," Luz told her friends. "Sorry, you couldn't get an invite to the conjuring, Willow. Only real witches allowed." She laughed.

"Do you realize the people around you just, tolerate you?" I glared at her "Now go play with your dolls." I shooed them away. "Don't mind them. They are just immature." I told Willow. "Yeah and we'll show them cause we are going to have our own moonlight conjuring," Luz told them. "Are you serious? This is on my bucket list, after owning a real human bucket." Gus told us. "That's a really weird thing to want but I appreciate your enthusiasm. We'll go tell Eda." Luz took my hand. We went back to my mom. "Eda! Willow, Gus, Y/n, and I are gonna do a moonlight conjuring and stick it to Amity, so can we..."

In the Middle of the Night (Hunter x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें