20. Pumped up Kicks

Previously,
"Man, he sure is busy, maybe because of the Coven Day Parade. That's kinda soon..." I thought out loud. Now I really should start reading. I checked on the palismen and they were sleeping soundly. I put the mini blanket around them and I sat back down. Okay, now it's time to read.

-Pumped up Kicks-

~All the kids with the pumped-up kicks, you better run, better run~

I hugged Viney before opening the entrance. Gus, Willow, and Luz were sitting on the stairs. "You know, I think he does it cause he's shy. He's just evil and shy. It happens." Gus concluded. I sat in between Willow and Gus. "Oh, hey Y/n." Gus smiled at me. I waved back. "I heard there's just a mirror underneath. The real Emperor was society all along." Willow gossiped. "No, someone I know, has seen the Emperor," I told them. "Maybe he's so handsome people have a hard time focusing on what he says. I get it. I can relate." Gus proposed. I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Luz?" Gus turned our focus to Luz. She hid her glowing rectangle behind her back. "You've seen Belos up close. What's he like under... all that?" Gus motioned near his face. "Oh, I never got a good look," Luz replied. "I heard he's scarred from wild magic." Amity butted in. Luz shrieked. "Hey!" I greeted. "Hi." She replied. "Hola batata." Amity offered to help her up. Amity sat down and Luz sat up. "Did you just call me a sweet potato?" Luz asked.

"Yes! Is that not a term of endearment? I'm still figuring out this human language book from Gus." Amity took out the book. Gus gave them a thumbs up. "Aw Amity, you're the sweet potato!" Luz blushed. "Willow, can you teach me some plant magic, please?" I held her hands. "Oh yeah, just call me." She invited. "Wait, can I show you illusions?"  Gus asked. "Of course, I am so bad at them, you can also teach me, 'Gus the Illusion Master." I nudged his shoulder.

"Uh, so, did that Titan Blood ever come in handy?" Amity asked. I turned around to see what Luz said. Luz's smile disappeared. "Did you finish building the door?" Willow questioned. "Did you visit your mom? Does she know about high-fives too?" Gus added. "Oh...Uh..." Luz looked like she was panicking a bit. "Oh shoot, you haven't used it yet, We were supposed to but then King was getting antsy." I lied.

"Yeah." Luz nodded. Mom came just on time and P/n flew to me. "Well, bye everybody." I shot finger guns at them. P/n turned into a staff and got on. Luz followed me and P/n took off. We followed mom close behind.

~~~~~~

We were flying above Bonesborough and King was rambling on about something. "Come on, Luz. There's no way your mom will make you leave the Demon Realm." King insisted. "Yeah! When she meets us, I'll make sure to put on the charm." Mom flipped her hair. "That turns people into obedient zombies." Mom added. We went to the center of Bonesborough and I looked around to see a bunch of guards at work.

My palisman flew to my shoulder. "They're probably prepping for the annual Coven Day Parade. Floats, streamers, fireworks-" King was hanging on Luz's shoulder. "It just a fancy way to kiss the Emperor's-" I glanced at Luz and she gave me a 'Don't you try.' look. "Whatever." I scoffed. "You said it girl." Mom shouted while she walked off. "Wait." I followed her. King climbed onto my shoulder.

We were at a booth called, 'private inspectergator.' Strange to say the least. "Hey King..." I tried getting his attention. "What?" He asked. "What did bread say after a long day?" I questioned him. He tilted his head. "Tomorrow will be 'butter." I smiled. "Bread puns!" We shouted in sync. King hopped off my shoulder and I took a peek in the folder.