25. My Strange Addiction

Previously,
"Are you sure you don't want to give this to Hunter?" She smirked. I turned pink and laughed. "No, I took a bunch," I explained. King went to the edge of the tub. "I'll see you guys soon," I told them before waving goodbye as P/n started leaving.

-My Strange Addiction-

~Bad, bad news, one of us is gonna lose, I'm the powder, you're the fuse, just add some friction~

I land swiftly in front of the school. I had already changed into my school outfit so I could blend in. I came in and I noticed no one was inside. P/n turned back into a bird and planted themselves on my shoulder. I looked around and I heard something in the gym. I ran in and saw everyone listening to Adrian. I ran into the crowd and looked around. I saw Gus and I ran to him. "Aww hi, illusion master!" I hugged him. "Y/n!" He hugged me back. "Where's Luz?" Gus asked. "Oh she's with Mom, I think," I told him. Everyone started to gasp and I decided to listen to his "speech."

"Unfortunately, I'm not here with good news. The Emperor's Coven has plans to stop multitrack studies by inducting every Hexside student into a coven before the Day of Unity." He announced. Everyone gasped. I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry. No one's magic is going to be sealed away. Head Witch Graye supports us and has come to help." Bump assured everyone. "Please, he loves the Emperor. Belos can step on him and he'll be thanking him." I whispered to Gus. Gus chuckled a little bit.

"Before any coven scouts come by, I'm going to make illusions of sigils on your wrists. They'll be temporary and harmless." He told them as they brought Edric up stage. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait wait! I just started the other tracks. Are you sure this is safe?" Edric asked. "Don't worry. Once a scout sees the fake sigil, they'll move on, and you can continue your studies in peace." He replied.

Edric lifted his sleeve and Adrien held onto his wrist. "Now hold still." He ordered. Gus gasped. "Stop!" He shouted. Everyone moved out of the way. "Don't trust him. He's hiding behind an illusion!" Gus yelled. Gus made a spell and it was revealed to be a coven scout. The teachers went in to defend him and the coven scout was ready to fight them back. "Cut! Just..." Adrian groaned. "Cut." He added.

Scouts appeared everywhere and even scouts were doing lighting and audio. Adrian appeared in his director's seat holding a coffee. There he is." I crossed my arms. "All right. Couple of notes. Tom, that Adrian illusion was lacking a certain..." He hummed. "You get me?" Adrian walked away. "I don't know." The scout shrugged. "Severine, that was really... poor work. You're on thin ice." He warned.

The scout groaned. "Captain, the read of your last line was just a little..." He grunted. "I don't know what that means." The captain told him. "You'll figure it out." He gave the scout his coffee. He appeared next to Gus and grabbed his arm. "And you... Well, you just ruined any chance we had of making this something." Adrian complained. "You were going to trick them into getting sigils!" I yelled at him.

"Uh, yeah. I work for Belos. Kind of my job. But let's make sure you..." He looked at Gus. "Can never use your little illusion tricks again." He switched the sigil on the glove into an abomination one. Everyone gasped. "No! No, stay back." He warned. I was about to make a spell ring. "I said stay back!" Gus yelled and made an illusion. The scenes changed around us. "How are you doing this?" Adrian asked. I pulled Gus away and a hooded figure grabbed my hand. They started running away and I held Gus with my other hand.

When they stopped running (because they bumped into a locker) I pulled my hand back. "Who are you?!" I got my staff ready. They groaned and their hood fell and I recognized him instantly. "Hunter!" I smiled. "Y/n!" He got up and hugged me tightly. "I went over to your house and it was full of scouts. I thought you ran away." He told me. "Why are we here?" I turn to Gus. Gus looked at me and one of his eyes was blue. "Ooh, that looks cool!" I examined his eye. "My spell, it's still active," Gus told us. "Well, you're a witch. Unspell it." Hunter pointed out the obvious. "No, I don't know how! I've never made one this big before!" Gus yelled. "Don't stress the baby out!" I ordered Hunter while hugging Gus.