29. Butterfly's Repose

Previously,
"Belos ripped them off." I looked away. Hunter sniffled and he started crying. "I'm sorry." He apologized. "It will be okay." I smiled. "I'll get us matching jewelry when we win. A-and on top of that, we can do that ceremony thing, Camila and Luz were talking about." Hunter smiled. "Of course. When we win." I held my hand out. "When we win." He grabbed my hand and clutched his chest. "Let's go home, Flap. Let's go home Y/n." He smiled before we walked into the portal.

-Butterfly's Repose-

TW: Skin picking and "For The Future" Spoilers ahead!

~The shadows in your head, they've got you down again, they got you feeling low~

I gasped as I tumbled out of the portal. I took deep breaths because I couldn't breathe through the portal.

"Wake up."

I heard a whisper. I looked around and only saw Hunter a good distance away from me, crossing his arms. I felt a bit worried as I continued to look around.

"Help them."

I heard again. I felt my body start to hurt... Not a lot but it was noticeable. I jumped when I saw Gus and Willow appear. "You okay?" Gus asked. "Yes. I'm fine." I fixed my posture. Amity walked out and waved to us. I noticed Hunter wasn't interacting with anyone and I walked over to him. "Hey, are you alright?" I cupped the side of his face. He flinched a bit but quickly sank into my touch. "Yeah, yeah I think I'm fine." He held my hand and I smiled. I heard Camila walk out and I noticed Luz didn't come out. "She walked in with me, I don't know if she is coming soon," Camila told her. "Yeah, we can wait for a couple of minutes," Amity suggested. I started to pick the outside of my nails and as we waited.

"Hey, don't do that." Hunter took my hand I was breaking and I looked up at him. "Don't hurt yourself any more than you already have today." He warned and he rubbed his thumb on my hand. I saw Amity going into the portal. "Hey, is everything alright?" I asked them. I was about to walk to them with Hunter but he let go of my hand. I went over to them and I saw Amity trying to grab something out of the portal. She managed to pull Luz out and she collapsed. "Luz! You were in there for so long, we- we thought you got stuck behind." Amity told her as she helped her up. "Are you hurt anywhere?" She placed her hand on Luz's cheek. "I- I'm fine." She pushed Amity's hand away.

"I saw something or someone... But it was probably just in my head. Any sign of... Him?" Luz got up. I heard Hunter scoff and I saw him a far distance from us. "Oh come on! It's not like a swarm of ghosts will inexpiably appear if you say his name... I think." He told us. I walked up to him. "Anyways if Belos was here, he's long gone now," Hunter concluded. "Well, he better stay out of our way. This mama's hungry for vengeance." Camila had a sour face. "Now that's a fight I'd watch." Gus smiled. Hunter started to walk away and I followed him close.

P/n came out and fluttered around me. "Aww, are you happy to be home?" I smiled as they landed on my shoulder. "And look at these trees! How I missed you." I hugged one. I heard Hunter groan and I looked at him. "We don't have time for trees and red grass! Belos had a headstart. So we should keep moving until we find him." He yelled. I looked back at Gus and Willow and they looked upset. "Hey, I'll talk to him," I assured them. "It's fine. He's going through a tough time right now." Willow smiled. "We will all feel better when we punch Belos right through the face. Yes, I mean through the face." She told us. Gus chuckled at her antics. "Thanks, Willow. You're always looking after us." He told her.