23. Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Previously,
I smiled as I put my head on Hunter's shoulder. "Why are there so many people here?" Hunter whispered. I shrugged and he held my waist tightly. I played with his hair that was in my face as he twirled the ends of my hair-do. I looked around and everyone was already asleep. I heard Hunter start to doze off and I close my eyes.

-Wolf in Sheep's Clothing-

~How you're only thinking of yourself? Show me how you justify telling all your lies like second nature~

I looked around in a hallway full of frames. I clutched onto Luz's arm. I noticed one frame had Belo's casting a spell on Mom, Luz, Lilith, King, and me. "Damn it Luz, where the hell are we?!" I started to freak out. "What is this place?" Luz wondered. "You know exactly where we are, human." I turned to see Hunter behind us. "You got us trapped in the Emperor's mind!" He shouted. "What?!" I yelled.

~~~~~~

"We're in the Emperor's mind? That's bananas!" Luz concluded. "I don't know what those are, and I don't care to. Remember what happened at the Night Market?" Hunter asked.

-Flashback-

We went to go get more wool for Luz. I had on a random graphic t-shirt and some jeans on cause I thought this was going to be quick. "Hello? Prim?" Mom knocked on the door. "Did you get into the Night Juice again?" Mom asked. "Hello?" She sang. The walkie-talkie Luz was holding onto started speaking but ignored it. I knocked on the door again and the lady came out. "Ah, there you are." Mom smiled. "I need more witch's wool. I got a kid with cold shoulders and a knack for gettin' into trouble." Mom requested. "The shop is closed, Eda. I've decided to finally join a coven." She showed us her sigil.

"Emperor Belos says, wild witches, celebrate destruction and pain." Prim stayed behind the door. "I mean, I know I can be abrasive, but..." Mom mumbled loudly. "He also says the Titan punishes those who aid wild witches. I can't have you here." She closed the door. "Well, what does that narcissist know?!" I banged on the door. "Yeah Belos is a liar. And I bet dollars to doughnuts that he can't speak to the Titan!" Luz added.

Everyone started walking away and mom turned to us. "Hey, I'll be fine. You two are the ones who need to be careful." Mom told us. "But people should know who Belos really is!" Luz yelled. "And who is he really?" Mom asked her. Luz looked at the floor. "Listen, Belos has been Emperor for 50 years. Everyone is used to this. No one's gonna risk change unless you have proof that he's up to something." Mom explained.

"It's okay, Luz. We will figure something out." I patted her shoulder. "But first, let's see if there are any respectable criminals left in the city." Mom got up and walked away. I watched as people walked away from her as she strolled. "I hate seeing people look at Eda that way. But how can we prove he's actually evil? It feels so obvious, but no one believes me. No one answers my letters!" Luz groaned.

"No one wants to think they've wasted their life following the wrong person. You just gotta find something big to change their minds." King advised before following Eda. I spotted a glimpse of gold and saw Hunter. "King's right. And I know just to do." I smiled at Luz before she smiled back. We followed Hunter and he was stopping people from going into someone's mind.

"Halt! For crimes against the Emperor, you are all under arrest." He was about to zap them but then Luz tackled him. "Hey! Can I bug you with a few questions?" Luz pulled out a pen. "Human?!" Hunter shrieked. Someone began playing the flute and they all disappeared. "I forbid you to flee!" Hunter shouted way too late. He groaned and took off his mask. I walk over to the situation. "We're sorry." I apologized. "Y/n I could have-" Before he finished something cracked under his feet. I looked down and saw that the spell was activated. "Uh... What's that?" Luz asked. "Fuck me..." I muttered as everyone was screaming.