13. Homage

Previously,
I felt a grip around my waist behind me and Hunter put his head on my neck. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "Nothing. I just wanted one more hug." He told me. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Yeah yeah, I need to go home," I told him. He let go and I waved goodbye as I teleported home.

-Homage-

~And if you want a piece of my thoughts, it's a coin worth flipping, why don't you toss?~

I was going outside and I saw Luz with a chalkboard. King crawled onto my shoulder. "She almost set me on fire!" King shouted. Lilith was clapping in excitement. She took off the sheet on the chalkboard to reveal four glyphs. "Okay, we've covered every glyph I've learned up until now, so today we'll learn something new." Luz introduced. "Are we about to encounter a never-before-seen glyph?" Lilith asked.

"Unfortunately, no. These four either came from nature or another witch's spell." She told them. "Where did you learn the fire glyph?" I pointed at it. "Oh, when I played Grudgby." She explained. "But yeah I don't know where to find more," Luz told the adults. They shared glances. "So what are you showing them now?" I asked Luz. "I'm glad you asked, sister! Today we're learning to alter glyphs to do specific things." She flipped the chalkboard to the other side. Lilith raised her hand. "Um, Miss teacher! Did I do it right?" Lilith showed us her page. "Yeah, that's really good," Luz told her. "Mom, what are you doing?" I leaned over. She was carving two clashed glyphs together. "Making history." She slapped the table. The two signs flashed and the smoke blew in our faces.

"Oh dang, I was hoping for more of an ice blast situation." Mom explained. "Look we know you're impatient to get your powers back..." I trailed off. "But try to master the basics first before you start experimenting." Luz finished. "Ugh, you two are as boring as Lily," Mom mumbled. I walked over to Luz and my palisman landed on my hair. "Toot-Toot!" Hooty popped out of nowhere. "The Hexside train is a-comin'! Chugga-Chugga!" He went under Luz and me so we landed on his back. "Um okay, King is in charge while we're gone, bye!" Luz waved at the sisters. "Bye! Love you!" I shouted.

~~~~~~

We got there and I stopped at the double doors. "Okay, first day back after the ceremony... I'll be fine." I tried not to overthink and I rushed inside. "Y/n, You're back!" Viney greeted. She hugged me tightly. "I missed you so much!" She told me. My eyes widened and I pushed her away. "Y/n? Are you alright?" She asked me. I calmed down and looked at her. Behind her were Jerbo and Barcus. They both looked surprised. "Um... Yeah, I'm fine." I stuttered.
"I just haven't been randomly hugged lately," I told her while holding myself. "Didn't Ed and Em go to your house?" Viney asked. "Yeah, but they were just around, you know... Here." I gave a her small hug and she hugged me back.

The bell made an ear pricing scream and I covered my ears. "Hey, Jerbo, I'm taking Y/n to class." She told him. He gave us a thumbs up as his reply.

~After school~

Edric and Emira took me to the Grudgeby field. "What are we doing out here?" I asked them. They shrugged and threw the ball at the goal. "Oh let me try," I asked. They float the ball into my hand and I did my attempt. I threw it as hard as I could and it went well... pretty damn far.

"Well damn. How'd you do that?" Emira asked. "I don't know..." I look at my hands in shock. "And that glowy eye thing?" Edric added. "What..?" I asked confusingly. "That's so cool!" They surrounded me. "Do it again!" They both begged. "I- I don't know how to guys," I told them. "Aww..." Emira whined. Last time this "thing" happened I was pretty upset. And missing a week of school is pretty stressful...