VII. RUNNING THROUGH WALLS

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

"What're you looking at?"

Mia, Harry and Hagrid were at Kings Cross station. Hagrid got out his watch and checked the time as Mia and Harry were both pushing trolleys filled with their Hogwarts stuff.

"Blimey, is that the time? Sorry, twins, I'm gonna have to leave you. Dumbledore'll be wanting his. . . . well, he'll be wanting to see me. Now, uh, your train leaves in te minutes. Here's your ticket," he handed Mia and Harry their train ticket, "stick to it, twins that's very important. Stick to your ticket."

Mia looked down at her ticket and furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Platform nine and three quarters?" she asked as she looked at Harry's ticket to make sure it was still the same. "The fuck?"

"But, Hagrid, there must be a mistake," Harry said, "this says Platform nine and three quarters. There's no such thing. . . . is there?" 

The twins looked up and their eyes went wide when they saw Hagrid had disappeared.

"Oh," Mia said as she looked around. "Huh. Let's go," and the twins made their way down onto the platform. 

"Sorry," a man said to them as he hurried past the twins. 

"Excuse me, excuse me," Harry called to the guard.

"Right on your left, ma'am," the guard said to the woman and her child. They thanked him and then walked off, then the guard turned to Mia and Harry.

"Excuse me, sir," Harry said, "can you tell me where we might find Platform nine and three quarters?" The guard looked at the twins like they were insane.

"Nine and three quarters?" he asked, "think you're being funny, do ya?" He walked off, shaking his head as Mia looked offended.

"Shit, now what?" Mia asked.

"It's the same year after year," called a woman as she walked past the twins, "always packed with Muggles, of course." 

The speaker was a plump woman who was talking to four boys, all with flaming red hair. Each of them was pushing a trunk like Mia and Harry's in front of him, and they had an owl.

"Muggles?" Mia and Harry asked. They looked at each other then followed the family. 

"Come on," the mother called, "platform nine and three quarters this way! All right, Percy, you first." 

What looked like the oldest boy marched toward platforms nine and ten. Mia watched, careful not to blink in case she missed it, but just as the boy reached the dividing barrier between the two platforms, a large crowd of tourists came swarming in front of him and by the time the last backpack had cleared away, the boy had vanished.

"Fred, you next," the mother said. 

"He's not Fred, I am!" replied one twin as Mia chuckled. 

"Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother," said the slightly taller twin, shaking his head at his mother.