XII. ALL FOR A REMEMBRALL

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water, into rum."

The Gryffindor first years were sitting at the Gryffindor table, Mia sitting in between the boys as she and Harry looked over at Seamus.

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. . . ." Seamus trailed off.

"What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" Harry asked as Mia looked at her brother like he was stupid.

"Are you actually that stupid?" she asked as Ron chucked. 

"Turn it into rum," Ron explained, "actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before. . . ." but he was cut off as the cup exploded, creating a loud bang. 

Mia jumped feet and flinched slightly, but when she looked over, she burst out laughing when she saw Seamus' face was charred. Hermione was sitting opposite the twins and Ron, an annoyed look on her face as she fanned the smoke away. 

Just then, the mail arrived. 

"Ah. Mail's here!" Ron said happily as Mia frowned slightly as she saw Ron got a letter and a newspaper.

Suddenly about a hundred owls had suddenly streamed into the Great Hall during breakfast, circling the tables until they saw their owners, and dropping letters and packages onto their laps. Prongs hadn't brought Mia anything so far. This morning, he flew down to Mia and gently squawked as she gave him some of her toast before he flew off to sleep in the owlery with the other school owls. 

"Can I read this?" Mia asked, nodding to the newspaper as Ron smiled and nodded. "Thanks," she said, taking it. 

Opposite Ron, Neville unwrapped a small parcel revealing a clear, glass orb with a gold band around the middle. 

"Hey, look!" Dean Thomas called, "Neville's got a Remembrall!" 

"I've read about those," Hermione said as Mia and Ron exchanged looks, "when the smoke turns red. . . ." and the smoke turned red, ". . . .it means you've forgotten something."

"The only problem is," Neville said, "I can't remember what I've forgotten." 

Mia chuckled as she looked at the newspaper and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Guys," she said as Harry and Ron looked at her, "somebody broke into Gringotts, listen. Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number seven hundred and thirteen, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day."

"That's odd," Harry said as Mia nodded.

"That's the vault me, you and Hagrid went to," the blue eyed girl said as she looked at her brother and Ron.

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

At three-thirty that afternoon, Mia, Harry, Ron, and the other Gryffindors hurried down the front steps onto the grounds for their first flying lesson. It was a clear, breezy day, and the grass rippled under their feet as they marched down the sloping lawns toward a smooth, flat lawn on the opposite side of the grounds to the forbidden forest, whose trees were swaying darkly in the distance.