LXXXIV. BACK IN TIME

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

As quietly and quickly as they could, they darted out of the hospital wing and down the stone steps. The shadows were already lengthening, and the tops of the trees in the Forbidden Forest gilded once more with gold. They followed their past selves and came to a stop when they saw their past selves talking to Draco and the others.

"This is all your fault!" Mia heard her past self yelled as she tilted her head and Draco rose a few feet in the air. Crabbe and Goyle went to attack her, but she held out her hands and like Draco, they rose in the air.

"What the fuck?" Mia asked confused.

"Mia, no!" Hermione called, "he's not worth it." 

"Hang on, that's us," Harry said. 

"This is a Time-Turner, twins," Hermione said, showing them the necklace, "McGonagall gave it to me first term. This is how I've been getting to my lessons all year.

"You mean we've gone back in time?" the twins asked, their eyes wide.

"Yes," Hermione said, "Dumbledore obviously wanted us to return to this moment. Clearly, something happened he wants us to change." 

They turned to their past selves and carried on watching. 

Mia slowly put down the three and turned around. She heard them all snickering behind her, so she clenched her fist and. . . .

SMACK!

She had punched Draco hard across the face with all the strength she could muster, hearing a loud crack in the process as Draco staggered. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Crabbe, and Goyle stood flabbergasted as Mia raised her fist again.

"Good punch," Harry said as Mia smiled.

"Thanks," she said chuckling.

"Quick, they're coming!" Hermione said, grabbing the twins and they hid out of sight as Draco and the others ran past.

"Not a word to anyone, do you understand?" they heard Draco say as they ran past. Mia's head peeped up before she looked around the corner and looked at their past selves.

"Fuck me that felt good!" she laughed.

"Not good, brilliant," Ron laughed as Mia beamed.

"Come on," she said. 

Mia looked up and saw the sun was already sinking behind the Forbidden Forest, gilding the top branches of the trees. 

"We need to get a move on," Mia said. Skirting around the Whomping Willow as fast as they could, tearing toward the shelter of the forest. Safe in the shadows of the trees, Mia turned around and seconds later, Harry and Hermione arrived beside them, panting.

"Right," she gasped. "We need to sneak over to Hagrid's. . . . Keep out of sight, Mia. . . ."

They made their way silently through the trees, keeping to the very edge of the forest. Then, as they glimpsed the front of Hagrid's house, they saw themselves knocking upon his door. They moved quickly behind a wide oak trunk and peered out from either side. Hagrid had appeared in his doorway, shaking and white.