○Prologue○

,,Well, well, look who washed up!" Stacie runs up to me when she arrives at the police station. She pulls me into a hug. ,,I can't believe you are really here." She tells me and smiles.

,,Hey, Stace." I hold onto her.

,,You need to tell me everything. How did you survive? How did they find you? Where were you all this time?" I laugh and stop her from talking.

,,I will answer all your questions, but I need to see Chloe first." Stacie keeps quiet for a moment before grabbing my hand.

,,Beca, you need to know something." She takes me to one of the chairs.

,,Can't it wait?" I ask her. ,,I really want to see Chloe and give her back her ring." I tell her and show her the black box that fell into the water with me.

,,Chloe wanted to propose?" I shrug my shoulders.

,,I have no idea, but it couldn't have been a coincidence that this ring fell into the water with me? I mean, why would the ring be in our cabin if Chloe hadn't brought it with her?"

,,She was pretty sure about you two, huh?"

,,Was?" I'm surprised by that. ,,I still hope she is, because I am."

,,What do you mean?" Stacie looks at me.

,,I want to marry her, I really do." I look at the tiny box in my hands now. ,,Do you know where she lives?" I look at Stacie.

,,I do." Stacie tells me the address. ,,But before you go to her, you need to know something. It's important." I stand up, wanting to get to Chloe as quick as possible.

,,That can wait, I have to see her now!" I say and start to walk away, until I hear Stacie yell.

,,You can't! Chloe moved on, she's married to Chicago now and they have a son together!" My body can't move. What did she just say?!

,,W-what?" I stutter as I turn around towards Stacie, who walks up to me now.

,,I'm sorry, Bec." She just tells me. ,,Please, let me explain." I put the box in my pocket and nod. I need to know everything now. I follow Stacie outside and we sit down on a bench across from the police station. ,,When you disappeared three years ago, Chloe was devastated and broken. She didn't know what to do with herself and got drunk pretty often. She had sex with several guys and was drunk every night. She never thought about you, not a single time. She only thought about her own pleasures. Three months after you were gone she had unsafe sex with Chicago, resulting in a pregnancy."

,,Three months?"

,,Yes, and she doesn't even regret it. When she knew that she was pregnant she didn't even doubt about removing it. She immediately decided to keep the baby, the baby you wanted to have with her. I tried so hard to change her mind and to let her do an abortion, but she refused."

,,She has a child from Chicago?" I ask her quietly, while I try to take in everything she just told me. ,,Chicago who was trying to take her away from me at Barden University?"

,,Exactly that guy." Stacie lays her hand on my hand. ,,I'm sorry, Bec. Your parents, Wyatt and me... we're the only ones who are still mad at Chloe for everything she did to you. Your other family members are siding with Chloe when they shouldn't be. You're their sister, Chloe hurt you and they should see that but instead all they see is poor Chloe. They feel sympathy towards her and because of that they're taking Chloe's side. Chloe moved on, is happily married and not in love with you anymore." I feel the tears prick in my eyes now. She really did move on? After everything we went through? She doesn't love me anymore? I shake my head.

,,I don't believe you, I can't!" I yell and stand up. ,,If everything you say is true and she doesn't love me anymore, why would she bring this ring with her to the cruise?"

,,Back then she loved you, but not anymore. I'm telling the truth Bec, Chloe moved on and has a child from Chicago. They're living together and are happily married. I know you, Bec. You are not the kind to break up a marriage."

,,That might be true, but I don't believe anything you say until I've seen it." And after that I call for a taxi. I give the driver Chloe's address and leave Stacie behind.

Once the taxi arrives at the place I told him, I get out of the taxi. I look at the tiny apartment in front of me, seeing a big 2 in front of the window. So Stacie told me the truth about the child, but I can't believe Chloe would betray me like that. She knew how much I hated Chicago for coming between us. I slowly walk up to the apartment, while my mind is racing. The ring is still in my pocket, but I'm not sure if I should ask Chloe or give it back.

I have to admit that the apartment looks nice, not too small but also not too big. It's perfect for a couple who want to live together, not a family. I hope that Stacie is wrong about Chicago tho. I don't care about a child but a child from Chicago. I don't think I can handle that. Once again I look up and down the apartment. It's an apartment that suits Chloe. I wonder what Chloe does for a job, how this apartment looks like from the inside. As I take more steps towards the front door of her apartment, the more nervous I get. Will Chicago be here? Will Chloe be happy to see me? Is everything Stacie said true?

I take another step towards the front door, when the door suddenly opens. I stop walking, waiting for the person who opens the door. Hopefully it's Chloe! But that's not who I see. A boy comes out of the house, with a huge smile on his face. He waves at me excitedly. He must be Chloe's son because he seems just two years old. Just as I'm used to his little face, his cute little face, Chloe runs out after him. She's at his side very quickly.

,,Ryan, sweety. You can't run out like that." She tells the little boy. Ryan? She called her son Ryan? The same name we wanted to name our first born. It's so sweet.

,,But mommy, look! She's here for my birthday!" Ryan points to me and Chloe's eyes find mine. I can see her move her lip a little, to force back her tears. I know her, she always does that when she's sad. Always trying to force her tears back. Not necessary because she can always cry in front of me. I smile at her but when I see Chicago appear next to her, my smile fade. Oh, my God! So it is true?! Everything Stacie said was true? Chloe did move on, she has a child and is married to Chicago?! I let out a sigh, look down and then before the tears can fall down my cheeks, I turn around and walk away.