○27○

Emily's point of view

I twirl around in the chair. Normally Beca is sitting here and am I the one recording, but today it's the other way around. Beca has told me to listen to the song and comment on it because it's a song, especially for Chloe and it needs to be perfect.

Baby, I see them boys

It's Beca's new track, written so Chloe knows how much she still means to Beca. Beca knows she has to be focused on the song, so that's why she asked my opinion.

They always looking at ya

We have become better friends again since Beca apologized and decided that she wanted to manage me. Olivia and Lily are here sometimes too, but Beca spends the most time with me.

But I ain't causing a scene

'Cause girl I'm the one that's with ya

I give Beca a thumbs up before walking to the counter where you can get coffee here at Republic Records. I know Beca needs some afterward.

,,Emily, is everything going well between you and Beca?" Sutton appears next to me, grabbing a cup of coffee herself.

,,Oh, it's going great. We already finished a few songs."

,,So, the album will be out on time?"

,,I'm certain of that. Beca and I are having a little break right now." Sutton looks over at the booth we're in and sees the recording sign still on. She raises her eyebrows at me. ,,Okay, Beca asked me to get her a cup of coffee. She always works better with coffee." Sutton laughs.

,,I get that. I can't get to work without at least one cup of coffee in the morning." She takes a sip from her cup and then makes her way back to her office. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding and made a cup for myself before returning to the booth.

,,Welcome back." Beca smiles at me and then she sees the coffee in my hand. I hold it out to her to grab.

,,I thought you might need some coffee."

,,Well, I am human." She jokes and grabs the cup. She takes a sip. ,,Hmm, delicious. Nice thinking, Em." She sets the cup on the desk next to the recording supplies. ,,Can you listen to the next chorus?" I nod as I watch her put on the headphones again.

I know how you like your coffee

And how hot you like your bath

Beca is right, she knows a lot of things about Chloe but that's normal for her since she's been in a relationship with Chloe for more than eight years. They became friends when Beca was a Freshman in High school and they were romantically involved with each other when Beca started her first year at Barden University. I like their story and that they haven't got any contact when Beca was back, I see it as a break and no break-up, because when Beca disappeared in the ocean, they were still together. Nobody of them broke it off, so technically they're still together.

I know what makes you angry

And what makes you laugh

I know the taste of your lips

Every inch of your skin

Now I see the corners of Beca's lips curl up as she sings the next line of her song. It's good to see that she's singing a love song for Chloe instead of a heartbreak one. I'm very glad that Beca and Chloe talked it out and try to start over. Or, as I said, continue their relationship again.

The little things that turn you on

I know that look in your eyes when they look back at mine