○33○

It takes about fifteen minutes to get back to the precinct. There, my partner lets Chicago out and we start walking him back to our floor to the interrogation room that was reserved for me. He stumbles back a bit and tries to stop walking when he sees Chloe, Emily, and Beca holding Ryan on her hip. He turns to me.

,,What are they doing here?" I keep looking forward, taking him with me.

,,I told you you'll get more details when we are in a secured room, now keep moving." My partner pushes Chicago forward and we keep walking to the interrogation room. I tell him to sit on one of the chairs. ,,Watch him, I'll be right back." I make my way back to the girls and look at Emily. ,,See, I told you I would bring him in without any problems." I wink at her and I can see a small blush. Does that mean she likes me too? Beca clears her throat.

,,That's great, but what now?"

,,Now we will interrogate Mr. Walp, and hopefully, he will confess on his own if not it might be more of a problem." I turn towards Chloe now. ,,I'll go in, you go behind the one-way mirror with Beca and Emily. I try to make him confess, when he doesn't cooperate I give you a sign to come in. How does that sound?" She looks at Beca first for her reaction. Beca sighs but nods.

,,Of course, I'm happy to help. We will stay behind that one-way mirror until you call me." She tells me and I smile.

,,Perfect, now I'll go in and try to make him confess." I turn to my partner and tell him to bring Beca, Chloe, and Emily with him to the room of the one-way mirror. I make my way to my office, grab the file containing information on this case and walk into the interrogation room. I sit down at the table across from Chicago and get ready to start my interrogation. ,,Mr. Walp. As you know a crime was committed last night and your name was mentioned. Can you tell me where you were?"

,,I already told you. I was in at home and went out for a small bit."

,,Where did you go?"

,,I was on my way to the Brooklyn army terminal to meet some of my mates. I used the Hugh L. Carey tunnel and then 278 Highway." I grab the files now, opening them at the picture of his car.

,,Recognize this car?"

,,Yes, that's my car." Now I grab the picture of Beca's car and show it to him. He looks at it and swallows a little bit.

,,You hit this car, right?" He nods. ,,At that base you were with your mates, did you have anything to drink?"

,,Yeah, we had a few drinks."

,,How many?"

,,I don't remember. What has that to do with all this?"

,,Well, if you were drunk and hit the car, then it was some stupid accident."

,,I wasn't drunk."

,,Then did you hit that car on purpose?" Chicago crosses his arms and doesn't answer me. That's a mistake. ,,Mr. Walp. I'm going to ask you again. Did you hit Miss Mitchell's car on purpose?"

,,I don't have to tell you anything. I know my rights, you can't keep me here." I sigh now, trying to hold back my anger.

,,Look, we can do this the easy or the hard way." Chicago laughs sarcastically and rolls his eyes. That annoys me even more, but I'm holding in. ,,Mr. Walp, you could have killed the little boy. I'm just trying to figure out why you did it."

,,Listen bitch. I don't talk to cops. Now go get me my lawyer and then go to hell!" That's it! I kick the chair he was sitting on, causing him to fall off.

,,Do you have any idea what the seriousness of this matter is? Do you think I'm some beat cop busting you on possession charges? Your son was in that car and you..." I throw the pictures toward him now. He looks at them, frightened of my outburst. ,,are not cooperating. Now you don't talk to cops? I'm not a cop today, honey." I walk up to him. ,,Why did you do it?" Chicago doesn't say a word. I sigh and stand up while walking toward the one-way mirror. ,,Looks, like someone else has to get through to you." I nod my head, giving Chloe a sign that she hopefully understand. I turn back towards Chicago, who has stood up now. It doesn't take long before Chloe walks in.