○31○

Chloe's point of view

I see the ambulance pull up as Tim comforts me. I have watched Emma try to resuscitate Beca for a while now but nothing happens. The medics from the ambulance rush over towards Beca and take the CPR from Emma. It takes a few minutes, but then I'm relieved to see Beca wake up and cough out water. The medics carry Beca inside the ambulance now, telling us that she needs to go to the hospital to recover. Medics from the second ambulance who has arrived come over to Ryan and Emily now. I'm standing next to Emily and Ryan, and ask the medics if we can go to the same hospital.

,,Well, that's unusual."

,,Please, that's my wife." I point towards the ambulance where Beca lies. I know I'm lying but most of the time they're sympathetic about it.

,,Okay. But then we need to take the boy and the girl too. They both need to be checked." I nod and watch them load Ryan to the captain's chair first before Emily is loaded in. I sit next to Emily, holding her hand. Emily now starting to cry.

,,What's wrong? Are you in pain?" I ask Emily now, but release a sigh of relief when she shakes her head.

,,I'm so sorry, Chloe. This is all my fault. I just wanted to show Ryan I could be fun too, I didn't mean for this to happen." I rub her hand.

,,Hey, no don't do that. It was an accident." Now I think about it, I never saw another car stop, so could it be that the person who hit Beca's car, did it on purpose? ,,I don't blame you at all, so you can't blame yourself." She calms down a bit and nods. The rest of the ride is silent as we make our way to the hospital, my thoughts on Beca, hoping and praying that she will be okay.

Emily's point of view

We are all in the same hospital room hours after the accident. I'm in my bed, hooked up to monitors while Beca is in the bed next to me, hooked up to her own. Ryan is cuddling against her. Chloe, Emma, Tim, and Aubrey are all sitting in chairs around the room. Emma and Aubrey had to be checked too since they were soaked too, but they're fine now. I smile at how cute Beca and Ryan are together. He loves her very much.

Then we all hear a soft knock on the door and Aubrey gets up to open the door.

,,Good evening." A gorgeous woman walks in and I can't help but stare. ,,I'm sorry to come in here only a few hours after what happened but I have to ask all of you some questions about the crash." She's holding a notepad in her hand and smiles at Beca. Wow, she looks amazing. I feel my cheeks heat up and look down at my hands. ,,I'm detective Belova."

,,Why does a detective have to investigate this crash?" Aubrey asks, which causes us all to give her a glaring look. Detective Belova just smiles at Aubrey.

,,Because we investigated the scene a few hours ago and came across a few unusual things."

,,Like what?" Emma stands up from her chair now, walking over to the gorgeous woman.

,,Well, the towing company pulled the car out of the water and I noticed that the back of the car was crushed in."

,,Crushed in?" Detective Belova nods. ,,You mean that someone did this on purpose?"

,,That is what it looks like."

,,Someone tried to kill Emily on purpose?" Beca now points to me, what makes the gorgeous detective look at me. She smiles a little when her eyes land on mine, before answering Beca's question without taking her gaze off me.

,,Yes." Everyone in the room gasps. I can't help to smile at the detective, even tho I have to be startled too. She's just so gorgeous and sweet. I watch Beca and Chloe look at each other with questioning looks on their faces and Emma is just confused.