○7○

I'm back at Republic Records, but I'm nervous. Not only because I will record a song myself, but also because today I hear if I got the apartment or not. I hope I get it because I bid higher than the price they wanted. I guess the location persuaded me. I mean, who doesn't want to live nearby Central Park. I can run in the morning before work, or even take an evening stroll. I learned that Serena lives close to the apartment, so it's a win-win, right?

Yesterday I had the chance to look inside the apartment with Wyatt and Stacie. They both agreed that the apartment was something for me. They insisted that I bought a dog too, because of Central Park, but I'm not sure about that yet.

I'm excited about the apartment, mostly because of the location, but also because of the second bedroom. I know I shouldn't, but I did imagine Chloe sleeping there for a small moment. It would be nice to have her at my side again.

,,Are you ready, Beca?" Sutton looks at me, next to her is Emily.

,,I think so." I honestly say. ,,My mind isn't with the song at this moment. Can I please have a cup of coffee first? That will set my mind in the right direction."

,,Of course, I can't handle a morning without coffee." Sutton smiles at me. ,,I'll be right back. The regular?" I smile and nod. I'm still surprised Sutton remembers my favorite coffee. Sutton asks Emily for her favorite coffee before walking out of the room.

,,Was you mind with Chloe or Serena?"

,,Both, but that doesn't matter."

,,Beca, can you please listen to me?" Emily pleads like she does the whole week. Ever since I'm back Emily is desperate to talk to me. Probably about Chloe.

,,If I listen to your story, will you stop haunting me about it?" Emily nods. I sigh and sit down on the couch in the studio. Emily gladly smiles at me and sits across from me. ,,That night when the ship sank and you got pulled into the water, Chloe tried to find you but was devastated when she couldn't. For three months she was miserable, she didn't sleep, almost didn't eat... until Zoey, Aubrey, Nina, Kara, and me decided to take her out."

,,Look, I'm aware of what happened that night."

,,No, something else. Something Chloe is trying to make right, but Stacie won't let her. And now she's turning everyone against Chloe."

,,How exactly?"

,,Turning you against her for starters." She looks at me now. ,,Do you want to know what really happened that night?"

,,I don't have a choice, huh?"

,,You always have a choice, Bec but I think you need to understand why Chloe had sex with Chicago that night."

,,Okay, sure." Emily smiles thankfully.

,,Well, it started when Chloe had too much to drink. Aubrey told Chloe to get outside, get some fresh air, and sober up but instead, Chloe walked back to the bar, had some champagne, and flirted with Chicago. They started kissing and walked to the bathroom..."

,,We can skip that part, okay?!" I say, not wanting to know the details of the sex.

,,Nina walked in on them. Chloe was embarrassed, but Chicago wasn't. Nina never told us exactly what Chicago did or said, but you should find out yourself."

,,You know, until this point I'm still feeling angry towards Chloe. I mean, she knew who Chicago was and that he wanted to take her away from me. Being drunk isn't an excuse to have sex, you know." Emily sighs.

,,I know, Bec." I look at her to continue. Maybe it's time I hear different stories? Not that it changes anything, but still. Everyone is so desperate to tell me everything. ,,Chloe left the bathroom in a hurry, sobered up pretty quickly, and felt so guilty about what she had done. We knew she had to get out of there, so we took her back home. Her parents weren't happy about what she did, but understood, unlike your parents. When Aubrey told your folks what happened, they immediately stop seeing Chloe."