○36○

Chloe's point of view

Today is a big day because Beca and I are going to tell her parents that we're back together. Beca made sure to invite Emma, Kara and Liam along with their partners, so we aren't completely alone with her parents. I'm so nervous, but Beca reassured me that everything will be fine.

I'm so proud of Beca. I mean, she knows I'm nervous and for that she never leaves my side. I know Beca is nervous too but not as much as I am.

On the other hand, I'm happy to see Charlotte and Harry because, despite the fact that they ignored me and basically ghosted me ever since I announced my pregnancy, they're still the same accepting, loving, open, kind and generous people. I see them as my second family, all of them.

,,We'll be okay, baby." Beca says sweetly. ,,I promise. You know they love you." I turn to her and Beca gives me a reassuring kiss before I knock on the door, Ryan in tow. The door opens and we are welcomed by Beca's mother.

,,Good to see you, Beca." She says before turning to me. ,,Chloe." She says with a firm tone. It's giving me goosebumps and it feeds my nerves even more. Beca grabs my hand and squeezes it softly, letting me know she's here for me. I take a deep breath before stepping inside.

Beca and I just walk down the hallway, with Ryan in tow when Beca's father appears. Every time I see Beca's mother Charlotte, I'm amazed by how similar they look. Beca doesn't look a lot like Harry, but Charlotte and her - are practically identical. Even though Beca got her nose from her father.

,,Chloe, Ryan. Good to see you." Harry begins and looks Ryan up and down. ,,Wow, you've grown since the last time I saw you." I look at him surprised.

,,You've never seen him." I say.

,,I have actually." He explains. ,,Emma showed me pictures. I thought you knew Chloe." That surprises me. I'm not mad at Emma for doing that because I want Ryan to know his grandmother and grandfather, but it's weird to see that they care even though they can hate me.

,,Go into the living room." Charlotte says. Everyone else is already here." I smile, knowing that Beca invited Emma, Tim, Arwen and Sofie too. Ryan loves Arwen, so the minute he hears that, he runs into the living room. Beca and I laugh at that, while holding each other's hand. Charlotte and Harry walk into the living room, but Beca holds me back a moment, feeling my nerves.

,,Breath, baby." Beca tells me, rubbing my hand. ,,It'll be okay."

,,I know. I'm just nervous, what if they get mad? What if they want nothing to do with me?"

,,Whoa, baby. Calm down." Beca makes me look deeply into her eyes. ,,My parents made that mistake once, I can't see them making the same mistake twice. Can you?"

,,Well, I'm not sure. I hope not. I want Ryan to get to know them. They're still his grandparents afterall."

,,We will give them the news carefully, okay? Let's have dinner first." I nervously laugh.

,,I don't know if I can eat. How can you stay so calm? I know you're nervous too."

,,Of course I'm nervous, but whatever they're going to say, I'm with you and I won't let some stupid opinion get the best of me. I love you and I want to be with you. My parents can disagree but it's my life. They should know better because I won't be without you, not again." Beca kisses me now and then takes me with her into the living room.

It's a sweet sight to see everyone together, Arwen, Ryan and Sofie are sitting on the rug playing with some stuffed animals. Emma and Tim are chatting with Kara and Lena, Liam and Juliet are whispering in the corner with a drink in their hands and Beca's parents are discussing something, probably when they should start with dinner.