○2○

I run my hand through my hair as I push my way into the Starbucks. The bell on the door jingles cheerily as I walk in. Not ten minutes later, the bell went off again. Looking around, I see Serena walking through the door, out of breath.

,,Beca, hi!" She says cheerfully.

,,Hi Serena." I attempt to smile at her, but I'm failing. She laughs.

,,Lack of coffee?"

,,Yeah," I smile warmly. ,,I just can't enjoy the day without coffee in the morning." Both of us order a coffee to go because we have to get to Republic Records.

,,Me neither. I thought things would get better in New York. My old job wasn't something I would repeat." Serena tells me while we're waiting until our orders are ready.

,,Where did you work?"

,,Big Dean's Ocean front cafe." My mouth opens. She lived in LA?!

,,You lived in LA?" Serena nods. ,,Wow, New York must be a big step down." I say, thinking about my dream to live in Los Angeles sometime.

,,Nah, not really. I loved LA, but New York is the dream. And besides, my best friends are living here too."

,,I don't have many friends anymore. They betrayed me, siding with my former girlfriend."

,,I'm sorry to hear that, but maybe someday it will come around. Do you still love your ex-girlfriend?"

,,Of course, I do. If you love someone that feeling won't go away easily. But I haven't seen her in four months. I want to move on."

,,If you let me, I can take you to this party tonight. My friends and I are known for parties. We know a lot of people here in New York."

,,I would love to. That would take my mind off of things." Our orders are called and we take them with us outside.

,,Great, I'll call Nate to tell him I'm taking a plus one tonight."

,,Okay, but you have to tell me more about your friends. If I'm meeting them tonight, I need a little intel about them." Serena laughs out loud and takes me to the steps of the Met. We sit down and cheer before taking sips from the cup.

,,I agree to give you some info about them, but only on one condition." I raise my eyebrow.

,,And what's that?"

,,That you give me your number." I smirk. ,,Don't see this as a flirty attempt. It's just... we are colleagues and you told me you don't have many friends. Maybe it's nice to have me as your friend?"

,,Um..." I consider for a moment. I don't do "friends" anymore, but Serena is nice and since I met her yesterday, I was hoping to see her again and get to know her more. ,,Okay, deal. But then I want to meet Nate and your other friends too." I hold out my hand and she shakes it.

,,Deal." She smiles. ,,Now let's exchange numbers." She hands me her phone and I add my number. I quickly send myself a message so I have her number too.

,,I'll make sure to message you later." She tells me once we both put our phones back in our pockets. ,,Now, let's go to Republic Records before Mr. Banks fires us." We quickly make our way to the company.

When we have arrived at Republic Records, I'm sitting at my desk, across from Serena's. She smiles at me when she types something on her laptop. My laptop is open in front of me too, while I'm trying to write this song. I'm a little stuck tho. Suddenly my phone vibrates. I open my Whatsapp to see new messages.

Serena: A little stuck over there?

I look over at her and she smiles. I roll my eyes playfully and take my gaze back to my phone.