○34○

Chloe's point of view

After picking up Ryan from pre-school I head home to make dinner. Ryan got to preschool last year, but he will go to kindergarten in three months. Ryan enjoyed preschool and has been playing with other kids. That makes me happy, even tho I didn't like to be without Ryan. I know preschool is good for him.

I'm excited about tonight because Beca is coming over for dinner. She has to finish Emily's album at Republic Records and from what I've heard, it's going to be an amazing album. Emily's voice is really good.

I just got finished putting the tacos into the oven and can't wait to see Beca's reaction, knowing she loves tacos.

I can still sense Beca's hesitation about taking care of Ryan together. I plan to talk to her about it and maybe after Beca will get used to Ryan when she's more here. I would love for her to come over more. And who knows, maybe someday Beca would agree to live with us.

I look over at Ryan who is currently playing with his toys on the carpet in the living room. I smile to myself, enjoying seeing him so happy. I walk over to him and kiss him on the head.

,,Sweety?" He looks up at me. ,,I have a surprise for you."

,,What is it, mommy?"

,,It would ruin the surprise if I told you, right sweety?" He pouts. ,,Trust me, you'll like this surprise." I turn on the TV. ,,You want to watch some Spongebob while we're waiting for your surprise to arrive?" He nods excitedly.

,,Spongebob is funny, mommy." He tells me and sits on the couch enthusiastically. I turn on the Spongebob movie, that I bought for Ryan just a week ago. He smiles and grabs his stuffed red panda animal, Ceba. It still amazes me how much he looks like Beca in some sort of way. It warms my heart to see him having that much reference with Beca.

Spongebob has been on for half an hour and Ryan is located on my lap, forcing me to watch the movie with him. I don't mind tho, but I wonder where Beca is. Is she not going to be here tonight? I know she still has doubts, but she should talk to me about them. I'm about to grab my phone, just as the doorbell rings.

,,Who's that?" Ryan asks me. I smile.

,,Well, sweety. Why don't you go open the door and look? I think your surprise just arrived." I give him a wink, pause the movie and right away he gets off my lap and runs towards the front door. I follow him, looking at him opening the door. Once he sees Beca, he throws his arms around her legs.

,,Mama!" He says happily.

,,Hey, kiddo." She says with a smile and then she looks at me. ,,Hi." I smile back at her.

,,Hi, come in." I say and she does. I close the door behind her. ,,I'm glad you agreed to come to have dinner with us."

,,I said that I would didn't I?" Now I see the flowers in her hand. ,,Oh, right." She holds out the flowers to me. ,,I just had a little detour so I could buy this for you. I didn't want to come empty-handed tonight."

,,They are beautiful, thank you." I say. Watching the flowers closely, I see roses, dahlias, daffodils, and gladioli's in the bouquet. All of my favorite flowers and it warms my heart that Beca remembered. ,,You can place them in the kitchen, come on." I say. She follows me into the kitchen and I walk over to the oven to check on dinner. ,,You can place them on the island." I tell her. She does what I tell her and then looks at the oven.

,,What are you making? It smells delicious."

,,Your favorite." Her eyes widen.

,,After three years, you still remember my favorite dinner?" I walk over to her and put my arms around her waist.