○4○

The next day I'm sitting behind my desk, writing a new song. Sutton asked me to write this song for her client. She never told me what it needed to be about, but I'm keeping Chloe in my mind. With her in my mind, I can write better. I still love that woman with all my heart, but it can never work because she's married.

,,Mitchell?" I look up and see Mr. Banks. ,,Can you come to my office for a moment?" I nod, but I'm curious about what he wants. I follow him into his office, which is very impressive. It's a large modern room with wooden floorboards and large windows that encircle the room allowing natural light to flood it so there's no need for lights to be on. His desk is huge with several monitors on it and along the walls, he has different kinds of art. ,,Take a seat, Miss Mitchell." He closes the door and walks past me. He sits at his desk, leaning back in his chair, and watches me intensely. ,,Sutton told me that you had a heated conversation with miss Junk yesterday. So tell me, miss Mitchell, why did you?" He questions.

,,Because she did the one thing a friend shouldn't do! She betrayed my trust."

,,Ah, I see but in here work is most important. We have clients to encourage to work with us. You can fight your personal matters outside of the company, do you understand?"

,,Yes, I'm sorry." Mr. Banks nods.

,,Good to know. Now, go back to work and work with miss Junk. No personal matters anymore." I nod and want to walk out of his room. ,,Oh, and Miss Mitchell?" I turn back around. ,,From now on, you work for Sutton. She will be your supervisor. I'm still in the background, so through Sutton, I hear everything but if you need something, go to Sutton."

,,Yes, Mr. Banks." I step outside his office and take a deep breath before walking over to my desk.

Serena: Did you get into trouble?

I look over to Serena and shake my head.

Beca: No, he wanted to talk to me about my outburst toward Emily yesterday.

Serena: I have also questions...

Beca: Serena, please.

Serena: I know you don't want to talk about it right now, but I hope you'll trust me enough to tell me about it later.

Beca: I bet I will if you give me time.

Serena looks at me and puts up her thumbs. I sit back down behind my desk, but the inspiration that I had is gone. It sucks that I have to work with Emily despite the fact that I'm angry at her. Every former friend betrayed me and even some of my family members. Luckily, Stacie, my parents, and Wyatt are on my side.

I take my eyes away from my laptop and look at my phone for a minute, scrolling through Instagram. I come across a selfie of Chloe and Aubrey and smile. Chloe was smiling like she always did. I don't know why, but the picture gives me a nostalgic feeling, reminding me of my time in college when the Bella's and I would go out and party.

I remember how Chloe and I always found a way to dance next to each other. I remember how Chloe would become the Dancing Queen after four drinks and wouldn't let me dance with anyone but her. I miss those days. I miss Chloe, a lot. More than I would like to admit. If someone would ask me if I miss Chloe, I would deny it even tho I miss her so much.

I'm so lost in thoughts, that I'm just realizing that I have tears rolling down my cheek. I quickly get up and walk outside. I need fresh air and to be alone. Once outside and I know I'm alone, I put my head in my hands and cry softly. I want to kick and scream, cry and punch a wall. I wish everything could be okay between Chloe and me again. I want to be able to talk to Chloe, even look at her, without feeling like I'm broken. But that's not easy when you are heartbroken. How can someone be okay with someone who broke their heart? I have no clue.

,,Beca? Are you okay?" I look up and quickly wipe away my tears when I see Emily in front of me.

,,Yeah, I'm okay. Why are you following me?" I snap at her, pulling up my defenses.

,,I know you're not okay. We are colleagues." I look at Emily. Thankfully she understands that I can't be friends with her, at least not now. ,,You never lied to me." I take a deep breath.

,,I just," I sigh. ,,everybody keeps telling me that I need to talk to Chloe, but I can't."

,,I know it's hard, but you only know one side of the story." Emily tells me and looks at my expression. ,,Wait, you still love her, don't you? You still love Chloe." I look at her.

,,I always have and I always will." I let the anger take over again. ,,But she broke my heart! She knew what I thought of Chicago. She shouldn't have done what she did! I'm not sure if I can forgive her, so I won't talk to her. Not yet, I can't. The pain is still too fresh."

,,But Beca, Chloe -" I stop her.

,,Please Emily, let's just write songs together. I can't be anything else than colleagues with you at the moment." And I had already walked back inside. I sit back behind my desk and suddenly inspiration hits me. I open my music program and start to write another song.

That night Serena and I are sitting at her apartment, watching some lame movies. I like movies, but only if I watch them with Chloe. Serena and I are becoming closer. I like her company and I wonder what will happen between us.

,,Hey, are you okay?" Serena looks at me and pauses the movie. I swallow, pulling away the memory of Chloe.

,,Yeah, I'm fine." Serena sighs and sits up, facing me.

,,You can be honest with me, Beca. I can see you're not okay. What are you thinking of?"

,,Nothing, really. I'm fine."

,,Beca, I can see that you're miserable. Didn't you cry outside the company? Emily didn't say why but maybe you can tell me? We're friends, right?" I think about her words for a moment.

,,You're right. I am miserable." I say and look down at my hands. ,,I think about Chloe every night and day. She never leaves my memory. Hell, she was the reason I fought so hard on the island to come back."

,,What happened between you two?"

,,She moved on. She's now married to Chicago, a guy from college. The same guy who tried to come between us for years and now he finally did."

,,Maybe Chicago is just a distraction for Chloe? Have you seen them together?"

,,I have. The day I came back, they were in the same house with their son."

,,Wait, Chloe has a son with him." I nod. ,,I'm sorry Beca, but having children with someone means that they really love each other."

,,What am I going to do now?!" I say frustrated and stand up from the bed.

,,Trying to move on?" I look at her. ,,I know you love her, but she moved on. You can't ruin a relationship." I sigh and sit down on the edge of the bed.

,,I know. I can never ruin Chloe's relationship, she means too much to me."

,,Do you still want to hang out with her?" I shake my head.

,,No, that's too painful. I can't watch her all over Chicago."

,,What do you say we go out tonight? Look for someone you can be with? Everyone needs love, right?" I look down at my hands.

,,Nobody compares to Chloe." I silently say, meaning it. I look at Serena. ,,But maybe you're right. I need to move on, but I don't want a random girl." Serena raises her eyebrows in surprise. ,,Do you want to go out sometime?" I ask her and she's surprised.

,,Wait, you want to go out with me?"

,,Yeah, why not. You're pretty, sweet and we already starting to become friends. I think it's not so bad to date you." She smiles at me.

,,Well, a date with you can't be bad." I laugh. ,,I would love to go on a date with you, but first, we're going to finish your songs. Emily told me all your songs are about Chloe, so finishing them means you're letting her go. I want to date you, but then your thoughts need to be on me." I nod and smile at her.

,,Thank you, Serena." I tell her. She's right about the songs, they're all about Chloe and I have to forget her someday, right?