○21○

The next day back at the office, I just arrive with Serena before I drop Serena at her desk. I make eye contact with Emily, signaling her to head into my office.

,,Are you sure you're going to be okay working with Emily?" I laugh.

,,You sound like Sutton right now, but yes, we will be fine. I'll see you later, okay? We can grab lunch." Before I walk away, I give Serena a quick kiss but as I try to pull away she grabs my shirt and pulls me back in to deepen the kiss. Once she releases me again, I glance at her. ,,Dude, what the heck? We are at work, you can't do things like that!"

,,Sorry, I just love you so much." She tells me and kisses me. ,,Now, go make those records." I give her one last kiss before I head inside my office.

,,So," I look at Emily. ,,let's discuss your album. What songs are you thinking of using." Emily relaxes on my couch and I can see that she's excited to finally get to put out her music.

,,I was thinking I could have a combination of four fast songs and two slow songs. What do you think?" I look back at Emily and share in her excitement.

,,I think that's a good idea and I will be able to get you a larger fan base that way by showing your range, so now which ones were you thinking?"

,,I really want to put Love myself, Rock bottom, You're such a and Hell nos and headphones for my upbeat songs and then for my slower songs I want Starving and Fragile."

,,Well, alright. Let's go get started and see how many we can get through today." Emily's smile gets even bigger and she just hugs me again before we make our way over to the recording booth, passing Serena's desk on our way there. She blows me a kiss, mouthing "I love you", but I can't say it back and just enter the booth with Emily.

Emily and I spent the next few hours working on her songs before we heard a knock on the door outside. I signal for Emily to come out of the booth so we can answer the door together. I don't know why I feel like I need someone else, but ever since I have been learning more about what happened during the time I was missing, I am more cautious of who I trust and let in, but since I've known Emily for a long time, I feel safe.

,,Come in." I tell and see Serena coming in, holding a bag of food from one of the restaurants nearby our studio. I'm assuming she asked Sutton what Emily would order because she started taking food out.

,,Beca, I'm really sorry for this morning, I just care about you so much. I know you don't like PDA at work, so I'm sorry. Can you forgive me?" She gives me my food now. ,,I thought you two could use some lunch since you two have been working so hard. I'm sure you're hungry and could use a break." Emily and I look at each other for a moment.

,,Alright, I forgive you." I tell Serena and she smiles. ,,Emily, take a seat. We deserve this food and a break, we will continue afterward. I don't want you to pass out from working so hard." Emily sits, grabs her food, and starts eating. Serena joins us with the lunch and we have some small talk.

,,And, do you think I can listen to what you've got so far?" Serena asks us and before Emily can respond, I swallow my food.

,,Not yet, we are still working on them before they are ready for another set of ears to hear it." I see that Emily is surprised to see that I'm choosing her over Serena, who is my current girlfriend. I just pat Emily's knee for reassurance to let her know I'm on her side when it comes to protecting her music because I know it's personal to her. Serena looks at the action and seems jealous of the affection I give Emily. I get it to be honest because even tho I'm her girlfriend, I won't be this effective with her. We grab the rest of our lunch and finish it together.