○13○

,,Wyatt!" I yell when I walk into his apartment. He gave me a spare key, so I could walk in whenever I wanted. ,,Wyatt!" I yell again, trying to find him. I sprint towards his bedroom and open the door. There he lies with two girls in his bed. ,,Gross."

,,Sister, how nice of you to join us."

,,I didn't come here to join you with them." I point to the two girls. ,,I need to talk to you. Right now!" I walk over to him and pull him out of his bed. ,,Put on some clothes and come to the living room!" I don't wait for a response and leave his bedroom.

Once I'm in the living room, I sit down on the couch and grab my phone.

Beca: Waiting for my brother to be ready... 😤

It doesn't take long for her to message me back.

Serena: 🤣 Not a patient person?

Beca: Well, when you see your brother with two girls in bed...

Serena: 🤢 Stop! That's not an image I want to see

Beca: Not used to having someone who has different girls every night?

Serena: Oh, I do. Chuck is the biggest player this world has.

Beca: I'm pretty sure my brother is the biggest player.

Serena: I don't want to talk about Chuck or your brother anymore. How are you doing?

Beca: Confused! 😞

Serena: Uh-oh. What's wrong? 🥺

Beca: A lot, but hopefully Wyatt can clarify things. Talk to you later? 🤔

Serena: Of course 💋 Love you!

Beca: Love you 2! 💓

,,Okay, why did you come in here yelling?!" Wyatt appears in the living room with his clothes on.

,,Dude, why have you changed into that?"

,,You've noticed the girls in my bed, right?" I roll my eyes. ,,I'm not done with them, if you get what I mean." He gives me a wink. ,,I need to wear clothes that aren't difficult to remove."

,,You've really changed." I say and I just shake my head.

,,You can blame your ex-girlfriend for that." He says.

,,Chloe?" He nods. ,,Why would you change because of her? What happened?"

,,She cheated on you and forgot about you, that's what happened!"

,,Wyatt, I've seen the security footage of the night when Chloe had a one-night-stand with Chicago. I saw them together and at the end, I saw Chicago laughing. Where you there that night?"

,,No, but Stacie told me about that. She should've never cheated on you in the first place!" He says frustrated. ,,I can never forgive her for that betrayal and you shouldn't either." I sigh and grab my notes from yesterday. ,,Wait, what are those?" Wyatt points toward my notebook.

,,Just some notes I wrote yesterday. I was at Mrs. Fuller to talk about the fire."

,,You talked to Mrs. Fuller?!" Wyatt asks, obviously startled. I nod. ,,Why the hell would you do that? That woman lies just as much as Chloe!"

,,She seemed sincere."

,,That's just appearances. Chloe works for her and she will always protect her employees. She's lying to you to protect Chloe."

,,Are you sure? She's told me quite a few things and I want to know the truth."

,,What did she say?"

,,That you've treated Chloe terribly for the past three years. That you called her a whore and bullied her. She also told me that you and your group of friends made Chloe do all kinds of strange things and then tripped her so that she let everything fall out of her hands." Wyatt starts to laugh now.

,,And you believe that? You really believe that I can hurt the person you l - love?" He barely gets the word LOVE out of his mouth and a part of me doesn't believe him.

,,You need to be honest with me, Wyatt!" I start to yell. ,,Did you or did you not treat Chloe like trash?" I squeeze my eyes just a little bit so he knows I'm serious.

,,No." He says and holds up his hands. ,,I admit that I was furious at her when I heard that she cheated, but I never harassed her psychically. I told mom and dad about what she did and then we decided to cut ourselves from her life, that's all. I never saw her again." I look at the notes. The notes are very different from what Wyatt claims. ,,Can I go back to bed now?" He asks me and I just nod. I can't get any further like this. Mrs. Fuller and Wyatt both tell different things and it's very confusing.

Serena: And did you get the information that you wanted?

Beca: Not really. It's so confusing!

Serena: You talked to the owner of the burned diner yesterday, right?

Beca: Yeah, she told me something about Wyatt. I asked him about it, but he denied everything.

Serena: 🤔 Doesn't the owner has footage of the security cameras?

Beca: 😱 I haven't thought about that! But, aren't those camera images destroyed by the fire?

Serena: That's a possibility, but you can't be sure about that. Maybe you can go back to the owner and ask about them?

Beca: You have a point there. Will you go with me?

Serena: Are you sure you want me with you? I mean, you can go with your sister Kara. You two are rebuilding your relationship, right?

Beca: Yes, we are but I want you to come with me. I get that it's a weird date...

Serena: I would love to come with you.

Beca: Thank you so much! I'll text you when I'm ready to see them. Love you! 👋

Serena: Love you 2! 👋

I put my phone back in my pocket and walk out of Wyatt's apartment. I didn't know I would walk out of here without the information I wanted, but here I am. I'm going home without any useful information. I sigh frustrated before heading back home.