Chapter 17

"I love you" she whispered to me. It was the first time she had said those words to me in years. She had said them many times when we were younger and I always brushed her off to pursue my own agenda but her saying them now, it was the first time I've allowed myself to reciprocate.

"I love you too" and I kissed her again. Her fingers slid into my hair, combing it, grabbing it. My hand circled around to her lower back, splayed and moving up towards her shoulders, keeping her pressed against me. How have I gone so long without this?

I don't know if minutes or hours had passed by. All that mattered was her and this moment made me realize I never wanted to be away from her.

I broke the kiss, leaning back slightly, breathing heavy. "Sakura" I started, "Come with me- on my journey."

Her eyes widened in shock, "Sasuke I-"

"You can only say yes. Please Sakura."

After a moment of silence, that felt like forever, she nodded her head. "Yes" and she kissed me again.

We laid by each other, holding hands, and looking up at the stars. The sky was full of them, bright and beautiful. I didn't want to leave this moment, it was perfect.

It was strange to have these feelings, and feel how I do, because my life hadn't dealt me the best hand of cards. But this, what I had with Sakura, was by far the best thing that had happened in a very long time.

"Do you think we should head back?" she asked softly, her tone hinted that she didn't want to.

"They're going to think I kidnapped you" I joked.

"Let then worry" she said through laughs, "This is the most I've relaxed in years. I needed this."

We stayed there for awhile longer before we gathered up our things and walked back to the hospital. She held the crook of my elbow as we walked. As we got closer I could see the hospital in the distance but Sakura tugged at my elbow, pulling me down the street to our right.

"I think you're well enough to spend a night outside the hospital" and there was a mischievous glint in her eye. I didn't argue or resist, I followed her to the apartment they let her stay in while working.

I shut the door and locked it behind me, when I turned she had started walking into her bedroom and, naturally, I followed. As I crossed the threshold the air changed, it was full of electricity and wanting. We came together and consumed each other once again, this time more heated and needing. It felt natural to be this way with her.

"Sasuke" she said breathlessly as I kissed the hollow of her throat. It sent a rush of heat through me, I wanted her to say my name like that again. I kissed and softly bit the crook of her neck and she did it again.

"Sakura if you keep doing that I'm not going to be able to control myself" I whispered in her ear before nipping at her lobe.

"So don't" she challenged, the mischievous look still in her eyes. "I've loved you since I was a kid Sasuke, I know what I want."

That was all I needed. Our bodies became tangled up in one another. Our hands and mouths were exploring parts of each other that we had never touched before. No words were needed, I was guided by her soft moans and hitched breaths.

My body felt deprived of these feelings and sensations and I couldn't get enough of it. We unraveled from each other's touch, over and over and over.