Chapter 65

"Sarada" I gasped, "your eyes!"

Sakura jumped up and came over to us, turning Sarada to face her. Her mother was just as shocked as I was.

"You've reawakened it somehow. It normally happens with a strong emotion-"

She was so happy to see me. That was the emotion that triggered it. I don't know if there had ever been an Uchiha in history who didn't unlock it from pain or turmoil. She unlocked it from happiness.

"My Sharingan awakened?!" she asked excitedly, mouth opened in shock and excitement. "Oh Papa, I'm just so happy to see you!"

"I'm happy to see you too Sarada. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long." I hugged her again, I never wanted to let her go. "You've gotten so tall."

"Hey Sasuke!" Naruto greeted excitedly as he finally made his way over to us.

"You're Sasuke Uchiha?!" Boruto asked in disbelief. He was nearly the spitting image of Naruto. It was kind of unnerving.

"Boruto" Naruto gently scolded him. Boruto smiled sheepishly before stepping behind Naruto.

Naruto reached out and grabbed my shoulder, "We're glad to have you back Sasuke. Sarada has been training real hard, you should be proud of her."

"I would be proud of her no matter what." She looked up at me and was absolutely beaming. I still couldn't believe this was the same little girl I had to leave behind all those years ago.

"Come on, let's go to Ichiraku. On me!"

"Thanks Naruto but I think we would like to spend time together since Sasuke just got back. You know, just us" Sakura explained politely.

We said our goodbyes and began making our way back to the apartment. Or so I thought.

"You bought a house?" I asked, my mouth slightly agape in shock. The house stood two stories tall, it was white with a wooden roof and beams. They had planted flowers of many colors outside along the foundation and in planter boxes on the window sills.

"Well, I wanted you to have a home to come back to. Not just an apartment" she reasoned. "Besides, we were outgrowing it anyways." She was definitely busy while I was gone.

"Do you want to go inside?" Sarada asked, her smile still broad on her face. I feel like her cheeks should hurt by how long she's been smiling.

Sarada pushed my back with both hands towards the threshold while Sakura opened the door. In the entry way was a cabinet with a flower and decorations. Shoes were lined neatly along the wall. It was simple but functional. The thing that took my breath away was the large Uchiha symbol painted on the inside wall. I brushed my fingers along the wall, tracing its shape.

"We are the Uchiha Clan. It was only fitting." I turned to face my wife. The woman who stood by my side since we were children. Protected me, comforted me, and believed in me. She was the reason I became who I am. She gave me a family, my clan back. Even in my absence she continued to build our family up and thrive.

I gave her a genuine smile, one only she ever saw. She returned it and wrapped her arms around my neck, kissing my cheek. "Welcome home Sasuke."