Chapter 32

I quickly hit Hana's wrist to the side, hard enough to knock the kunai free from her grasp and sink into the wall.

She lunged again and I redirected her past me. I didn't want to hurt her. I knew Sakura wouldn't mind getting a hit in if she wasn't pregnant. Her brute strength would shut her down in an instant.

When she lunged again I grabbed her arm and tried to restrain her. "Hana stop!" But she was fighting me with everything she had. I realized this wasn't going to work and gave her a small charge from my Chidori. She yelped in pain but then dropped to the floor unconscious. Sakura must've heard the commotion because she walked in the room a moment later.

"What is going on?!"

"Hana is how those men found us. She was feeding them information."

"How do you know?" She was clearly blindsided.

"She was the only one who knew where we were at that you were pregnant." I picked her body up off the floor and sat her in one of the kitchen chairs, I was getting answers from her one way or another.

"Find Akiko" I told Sakura, "She doesn't need to see this." Sakura nodded and quickly went outside. I watched through the window and saw her intercept Akiko, distracting her with some near by flowers.

Hana slowly began to come to, her head moving side to side.

"Look at me Hana."

When she raised her head her face had a look of disgust but her eyes said something different. They were glossed over. She was looking at me but not really seeing me. This wasn't her, she was under Genjutsu.

She looked into my Sharingan and I was able to peer into her memories. I could see the men from the attack at the inn, I saw the ring leader place her under Genjutsu. I don't know how they found out she knew me but that wasn't important right now. Being under Genjutsu for too long had adverse effects.

I released her from the Genjutsu and her head slumped forward again. I heard her groan and she tried to sit up straighter.

"Hana."

Her head snapped up to look at me, her eyes filled with tears. "Sasuke I'm so sorry" she whispered, her voice trembling. "I didn't want to hurt you."

I moved to help her up from the chair. As soon as she was standing she threw her arms around my neck, saying her apologies over and over like she couldn't say it enough.

"Where's Akiko?" She was scared her daughter had seen what transpired moments ago.

"Sakura is with her outside. She's fine." She was instantly relieved. I gave her a moment to calm down and wipe her tears before we dove into the discussion of how we ended up in this situation.

"Tell me what happened" I told her gently.

"Sasuke you both have to get out of here. He knows you're here now. I don't know when he'll come but he will."

I wasn't going to leave Hana to fend for herself. These people were after us and she got caught in the middle. She's helped me now I was going to help her.

"I'm staying. You all are leaving. I'm waiting this one out alone."

Sakura wasn't thrilled about my idea at all.

"You're not staying here alone" she said firmly, crossed her arms and resting them on top of her stomach. Her brow was furrowed and mind determined.

I walked and stood in front of her, looking down into her bright green eyes. "You're going. End of discussion."

She went to refuse once again but I cut her off. "Sakura. Listen to me. I love you and I need you to go. I won't be able to fight efficiently and effectively if I have to worry about you."

After hugging me tightly she finally gave in. Once she, Hana, and Akiko were prepared I opened a portal for them. "Go. Now." She gave me a quick kiss and the three of them jumped through together.