Chapter 78

I opened my portal to the coordinates I was given. I landed in the middle of a blizzard. Buried in the snow were stone statues long forgotten, some eroded away and some toppled over. In the distance I could see a large building, a pillar on each corner with a domed rooftop.

Inside was eerie. I had expected it to be abandoned but the atmosphere felt heavy, like it knew I was there when I shouldn't be.

Inside the door it opened up into a huge room, tall circular pillars every 30 feet or so. Between them were old statues, eroded away by time like the ones outside. I used my Sharingan to guide me through so I didn't have to use my Fireball Jutsu. The less attention the better.

Similar to the Shrine this opened up into a large circular room with a domed ceiling with engravings on every wall. In the center the floor dropped a level, almost creating an arena of sorts.

I inspected each glyph closely, the majority were all similar save for one section. It depicted constellations and moon phases, this had to be some indication of when they were to meet.

Below them was a scroll, each end held up by wooden pegs as if on display. On the front of it was Kaguya Ōtsutsuki.

"No doubt this is useful" I said aloud to myself. I didn't bother to read the contents, I didn't want to waste any time. I tucked it beneath my cape.

I jumped back as a figure crashed into the ground where I was standing. "Sorry I didn't think anyone was home" I said sarcastically. I turned to face the signature I sensed. He was large, a cape covering the top half of his body as well as half his face. From the exposed side protruded a large horn of sorts. From his back he created a large red axe from chakra.

"You do not belong here."

I narrowed my eyes, "Who are you?" My hand moved to the hilt of my blade.

"I am Kinshiki Ōtsutsuki." Without warning he charged me. I quickly blocked his swing and bolted towards the other side of the room to create distance. To my shock he was right on my heels. He was faster than he should be, especially for someone his size. He chased me around the room, out of it, and then back in.

He chased me into a corner. I quickly blocked his uppercut but the sheer force of it forced me upwards through the ceiling. As if the building hadn't had enough abuse it could add a hole in the ceiling to the list.

I was thrown into the powdery snow. I quickly jumped to my feet prepared to face my attacker again. Gracefully poised on the top of the roof was another one. This one was much smaller and had long hair covered by a veil.

But I didn't have time to focus on that one, Kinshiki rushed me again. I deflected each of his swings and was even able to slice a chunk off of his horn. This showed me he wasn't completely invincible.

On his downward swing and plunged my sword through the handle then stomped it into the ground. I tried rushing him with a kunai but he quickly threw me into the ground. Luckily I was able to kick away before his retaliating blow crushed me.

As I jumped to my feet again I was taken off guard as he appeared above me, swinging down on my neck. Had it not been for my Rinnegan I would've been in two. I needed to end this quickly or I was going to be at a disadvantage.

I stood back and glared at the two of them, my hair whipping back and forth in the wind. The one on the ceiling noticed my Rinnegan and took deeper interest.

"Where's Kaguya Ōtsutsuki?"