Chapter 67

"Good morning" I whispered as I kissed behind her ear. Sakura was curled up against me with her back to my chest.

"It is a very good morning" she said as she rolled over. She wrapped her arm around my waist and nuzzled into my neck. "It was a very good night too."

I hugged her tightly. I had missed this. Being alone for seven years when I knew I had this waiting for me at home was torture.

"Mama! Papa! You awake yet?" Sarada called from outside our door. I could hear her pacing.

"You did tell her you'd teach her the Fireball Jutsu today" Sakura told me. I knew Sarada was excited. She had been asking me to teach her this for as long as I could remember.

"I'm up!" I called to her, "I'll be out in a bit."

As her footsteps faded away I quickly rolled over on top of Sakura. "I think I just bought us some time."

"You two sure seem happy" Sarada said in a deadpan tone as we entered the kitchen. Both of our cheeks flushed red, Sakura quickly changed the subject, "You excited to train with your father today?"

"So excited!" she said with a grin.

Sakura went to start making breakfast but I quickly stopped her. "Let me make breakfast."

She smiled and nodded before taking a seat at the table with Sarada. They waited patiently as I finished breakfast. I sat their plates in front of them and we all ate together.

I couldn't help but just sit back and enjoy this. Seeing my wife and daughter together again, doing all the things we used to do. I had missed this so much and was happy to have it back.

"Papa!" Sarada called from the doorway, "are you ready?" She was eager to get to the training grounds. As soon as breakfast was finished she jumped up ready to go.

"One minute!" I called. I had just finished dressing, apparently too slow for her liking. "She's not wasting any time" I joked to Sakura. She was sitting on the edge of our bed.

"She's been waiting for this for seven years. You're lucky she's not dragging you out of the house by your ear."

"I'm going to train with her for a few hours. I'll be home this afternoon." I bent to give her what was meant to be a quick kiss but she grabbed me by the face and deepened it. I let out a moan from deep in my throat, "You can't be doing this" I whispered against her lips.

"Just something to look forward to when you come home" and she gave me one last quick kiss before pushing me towards the door.

"Makes me not want to leave" I muttered as I walked out of the room.

Sarada and I walked to the training grounds which were close to the house. It was a wide open field with a few wooden posts to practice Jutsu and throwing shuriken or kunai at.

"Alright, you ready to learn the Clan's Jutsu?" I asked her.

"Yes!"

"This can be a dangerous technique Sarada, don't force it or you'll end up with burnt cheeks. Okay?"

"You sound like you're speaking from experience" she teased but she was right. I had pushed myself to learn this Jutsu to appease my father and earn his approval. I never wanted her to do that for me.

"I am."

"How old were you when you learned?"

"6."

Her jaw dropped open, "But you said I was too young to learn when I asked you."

"That's because I knew how dangerous it was. Speaking from experience, remember?"

She rolled her eyes and it was like looking in a mirror.