Chapter 50

"Sasuke what did-" Naruto fumbled out. His facial expressions conveyed shock but also understanding. He was looking at me. My breathing was ragged.

"I didn't care why they had us. It didn't matter" I said between breaths. There wasn't anyone or anything in this world that could keep me from my family. The moment they drained our chakra I knew I'd kill them.

Naruto stood there silently not really knowing what to do. He deactivated his Sage Mode leaving us in the dark. The sky was still a deep blue, clouds were blocking the moon and the majority of the stars.

"What do we do now?" he asked quietly.

"I'm taking a portal home once my chakra rebuilds" I told him. I knew what I was doing, whether he came with me or not was his choice.

"Then I'll go to Tazuna's and let him know everything is- taken care of."

I sat alone in the dark, waiting for my chakra to rebuild. I thought of the pain Sarada is going through, the anxiety Sakura is feeling.

"I'll be home soon" I said softly to myself. The sun was creeping over the horizon when I was able to open a portal home.

"Sakura" I called out quietly as I landed in the entryway of our apartment. The lights were all off and I didn't hear anyone here.

I quietly walked through to our bedroom. The bed was made and empty. Next was Sarada's room. I cracked the door open and stuck my head in. There they were; Sarada sleeping with a rag on her forehead and Sakura asleep on the floor with her upper body resting on the side of the bed.

I crouched next to Sakura and gently brushed the hair from her face. The soft touch was enough to rouse her from her sleep, once she realized I was there she threw her arms around my neck. I just held her, not saying anything. I just wanted her to know I was there.

I picked her up from the floor and carried her to our bed. I could tell she was exhausted. "Get some sleep. I'll sit with her."

I gave her a kiss before quietly closing our door. I assumed Sakura's previous position and sat next to Sarada's bed. She was sleeping but I could see the redness in her cheeks. I gently removed the rag and dipped it in the cold water pail nearby before replacing it.

I didn't sleep. I just sat there watching my daughter throughout the night.