Chapter 77

Naruto summoned me to the Hokage's Office early the next morning.

"We have a breakthrough on the information you gathered" he said seriously. He was leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed over his chest. "It looks like this Momoshiki is indeed involved with Kaguya to some extent and we believe he will come looking for her. When? We don't know."

"What do we do in the meantime then? Just wait for him to make an appearance?" I was absolutely not going along with that plan.

"No. I'm afraid I need you to investigate a location we deciphered and see if it's reveals anything. We believe this will provide us the final piece of the puzzle. You just need to investigate that and come back, nothing more."

"Where is it?"

"That's the fun part. It's in another dimension. Come down to the Decipher Corp with me and we will review it. They can probably explain it better than I can."

When we entered the room it was filled to the brim nearly with scientists of ranging specialties. Once they took notice of Naruto they parted to allow us passage to the back of the room. I noticed many eyes following me; some wide in surprise and others squinted in uncertainty.

"So, enlighten us on what we are looking at" Naruto directed a team member. There was a large machine working through the glyphs I had found in the Shrine.

"Yes Lord Hokage. We believe these glyphs represent coordinates to a meeting place of sorts of the Ōtsutsuki. Only one who possess the ability to travel through dimensions would have access to this location. That's where you come in Mr. Uchiha."

"Can you tell if there's a specified time?"

"Unfortunately we haven't been able to figure that out. Now that we have the location we thought it would be best to investigate and see if it sheds any light on the time. Better to follow up on that now rather than wait for them to make an appearance."

"You're right" Naruto concurred. "We can't afford to have them show up without warning. I refuse to put the village in another 'Pain' situation."

"I'll leave immediately. Let me tell my family first." I turned to leave the room, Naruto followed a moment later after thanking the group.

"Hey Sasuke wait up" he called from down the hall behind me. I stopped and waited for him to catch up. "Thank you. I know it's not easy leaving but I feel better knowing you're out there protecting the village."

I nodded and turned to walk away again. "I still mean what I said all those years ago, you're like the Leaf Police Force." I looked at him over my shoulder and smiled faintly before walking away.

Sakura and Sarada accompanied me to the gate. I wanted to get outside the village before using my Rinnegan. I didn't want to risk my chakra being traced back to Konoha.

Sakura gave me a quick hug and kiss before stepping back beside Sarada.

"Promise you won't be gone for long and you'll be safe" Sarada said.

I smiled faintly and gently poked her forehead with my first two fingers. "I promise."