Chapter 91

Sarada's exams were only a few weeks away and I was doing everything to ensure she was prepared. She was putting everything she had into each training session, I know she's going to become a Chunin.

"Your exams are coming up soon. Since you've trained hard there's one last thing I want to teach you" I told Sarada. I brought her to the training grounds where Naruto developed his RasenShuriken. It provided a wide open space without obstacles, something that would be necessary for this.

Sarada had trained tirelessly to perfect her Fireball Jutsu and hone her abilities with the Sharingan. Since she has proven she is willing to put the work in then I figured it was time for this Jutsu.

"A new Jutsu?!" she asked excitedly. "Where did you learn it?"

"This Jutsu was taught to me by the Sixth Hokage when I was taking my Chunin Exam."

Kakashi had taught me this Jutsu specifically, not even Naruto knew this one. Kakashi and I were the only two shinobi who did. It felt right to pass it along to my daughter now that it was time for her exam.

"It's a difficult Jutsu to control. Our abilities with the Sharingan make us the only ones who can do it. This Jutsu can be used as an attack and to increase your speed."

"If our Sharingan makes us the only ones who can use it then how did Lord Sixth do it?"

"He developed this Jutsu and, long story short, he possessed the Sharingan in one eye that was given to him by a friend up until the end of the war."

She nodded in understanding, "Can you show me?"

"Activate your Sharingan and stand back."

We were standing near the waters edge, the waterfall raging before us. I weaved my hand signs and the Chidori glowed in my hand, cracking and whistling like a thousand birds. I took off running across the top of the water, once I was close enough I launched myself forward and stabbed my Chidori into the waterfall. It broke the tension and cut the stream of water in half.

"Papa that was amazing!" I walked back across the waters edge to where she was standing. "Do you know any other Lightning Style Jutsu?"

Kirin. The most powerful Jutsu I created, back when I was 16. I've only ever used it twice before; both times with the intent to kill my opponent. Naruto and Itachi both managed to survive it.

"This is the only one I'll show you right now" I told her. "Now listen, this is a Jutsu that has limited use. Once you've built up and perfected your chakra control your uses will increase. For now, you'll be lucky to get two, maybe three, uses."

She nodded, her face set in determination. I was proud to pass this Jutsu on to her. This was something I could give her that wasn't inherited, like my looks or the Sharingan.

"I'm ready Papa."

I instructed her to copy my stance, "Once your hand signs have been weaved, drop your shoulder and point your hand at the ground. For your first few tries use your other hand to brace your elbow. Like this."

Now it was on to the hand signs. "Once you've completed these signs you're going to feel your chakra pull down your arm into your hand. Once it's in your hand a burst of electricity will form and it's going to be loud. Be prepared."

She slowly weaved the signs and dropped her arm like I told her to, a moment later the Chidori appeared. She looked up at me, her mouth was open wide in surprise but she was smiling.

"Don't move. Once you're used to the feeling of forming this Jutsu you can try it with movement." She held it for a minute or two longer and then let it dissipate. She was breathing heavy which was to be expected. This Jutsu requires a lot of chakra and control.

"That's enough for today Sarada. Let's get back to your mother."