Chapter 33

I sat and waited for them. Them; the men who have been tracking us, trying to hurt Sakura and my child. I kept replaying everything in my mind to keep my anger boiling hot.

I slowly walked through the house, checking each room one by one. I was waiting for them to make themselves known. The sun was setting over the horizon so they would most likely come at night. But I would be ready.

I had just passed one of the windows when I heard the glass shatter behind me. I lunged forward and rolled away, creating distance between us.

"Where's the girl?" the man asked. His voice was low and harsh.

"Somewhere you'll never find her."

He scoffed and lowered into a defensive stance, slowly circling out around me.

"Your boss wasn't powerful enough to take me and neither are you" I instigated.

He didn't respond but instead charged me. He had a kunai in each hand and began slicing at me however he could. I was able to deflect thanks to my sword and Sharingan. We met in the middle, steel scratching steel, trying to over power one another.

"You think he was the boss?" I saw him, in Hana's memories. He was the one who had put her under Genjutsu and was the one leading the attack. Looking at this man in front of me, I could see it now. They were brothers.

We pushed apart and he tried placing me under Genjutsu which I easily combatted. The only person that was more skilled than me was Itachi. No one alive in this world could out skill me.

"You're as skilled as they say you are."

"You have no idea" I smirked. The irony was there because as the words left my mouth my shadow clone shocked him with the Chidori from behind. It wasn't enough to knock him out or kill him but it was more of a lesson really. He jumped away from my clone before it disappeared in a poof of smoke.

"Tell my why you're after her."

"Fine. I think you've earned it." He stood up straight but still kept his distance. "Your girl is the only one in the world who was able to combat my poison. With that knowledge I lose my hold over people."

It made sense. Back when we were Genin protecting the bridge builder in the Land of Waves it was the same situation. They wanted to take out the one threat to their power.

"Your time is over. You're not leaving here alive."

"You won't get me with Genjutsu or that Lightning style move you used before. You'll have to kill me the old fashioned way."

"You think that's my only option do you?"

He held his fists in front of him in a fighting stance, a kunai held tightly in each. I held my sword up in front of me, assuming my defensive stance. We clashed once again in a fury of sparks. I would admit he was fast but not faster than me.

Just as he thought he had an opening I sunk my blade deep into his chest. Blood gurgled in his throat as he looked down at my blade then up to me in disbelief.

"I told you you wouldn't get her" and I kicked him backwards to the floor. Just as I had done with Akiko's father I opened a portal and tossed him through. I didn't care if he was dead or not. He was no longer a concern of mine.

I stayed in Hana's home for awhile longer, waiting to see if anymore of his men would show up. Once they discovered their boss was dead they would most likely scatter. None of them smart enough to lead and would find someone else who they could mindlessly follow.

An hour passed and no one made an appearance. I figured if they hadn't by now they probably wouldn't. I opened up a portal and jumped through to where I had sent the girls.

"Sasuke thank goodness! Come with me quickly!" Hana was in a panic and urged me to follow her. My stomach jumped into my throat. "What's hap-"

"Sakura's gone into labor!"