Chapter 80

"Uncle Sasuke!" Boruto called out as he knocked on our front door. "Aunt Sakura! Hello?!" He was unrelenting. I tried ignoring him but that wasn't going to work apparently.

"Sasuke if you don't get that door I'm going to lose my mind" Sakura grumbled from beneath the pillow she pulled over her head. She had a late night at the hospital and had only gotten home a few hours ago.

I rolled out of bed and snatched my shirt of the floor that had been discarded the night prior. I pulled it over my head as I walked through the house.

I swung open the door and grabbed his wrist as he was about to knock again. He smiled at me sheepishly, "Good! You're awake!"

"No thanks to you. What do you want? And it better be good because you woke Sakura up" I asked as I narrowed my eyes at him. He knew how scary she could be when she's angry. I've heard the stories of times he had been too rough playing with Sarada. They weren't fun.

"I did it! Look!" He held his hands out, palms facing in and fingers curled. After a moment a tiny blue orb appeared, spinning in all directions. It was a Rasengan, albeit a small one.

"You managed to do this in a few days?" I asked him surprised. "Your father took months to learn." From what I had been told he learned it during his travels with Master Jiraya and put himself through intense and rigorous training for it.

"What can I say? I'm better than that old man." He truly was his father's son.

I went to close the door when he spoke up. "Wait wait wait! Does this mean I get to be your student?"

"Yeah" and I finished closing the door. Through the glass I could see him jumping up and down excitedly, throwing his fist in the air before running off down the street. I couldn't help but be amused by the spectacle.

"So you're taking him on as your student?" Sarada asked with a smirk as she leaned against the wall.

I shrugged my shoulders, "He did learn the Rasengan. Can't go back on my word now."

"I'm impressed he actually put in the effort to learn it."

"He may know the Rasengan now but that doesn't change the fact that you will not lose to him if you get matched in the Chunin Exams."

"What were your Chunin Exams like? Any tips?"

I thought back to the Forest of Death, fighting Orochimaru, Sakura pulling me out of the darkness of my Curse Mark, fighting the One Tail Jinchuriki. Yeah, my experience in the Chunin Exams was a little different than hers.

"Just fight your hardest and trust in your abilities Sarada." I draped an arm across her shoulder and we walked back upstairs to our bedrooms.

I crawled back into bed and pulled Sakura against me. "Why does it feel like he's Naruto all over again?" she commented sleepily.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that." I kissed her temple and settled in to get a few more hours of sleep.