Chapter 18

I woke the next morning by the sun flooding in brightly through the window. Sakura was still sound asleep next to me, glued to my side with her head on my chest. I combed my fingers through her pink hair as I thought about last night. It felt like a dream.

"That feels nice" she mumbled quietly before letting out a sigh of satisfaction, pulling me from my delightful thoughts.

I rolled over, resting on my elbow and hovering over her. "Good morning, how did you sleep?"

She smiled broadly, "Wonderfully." She grabbed my face and brought me down to meet her lips. My body was fully resting on top of hers, not that she minded. I pulled back after a moment, "don't you need to be at the hospital?"

"Not until later" she said happily. I resumed our kiss as I pulled the blanket up and over our heads.

After while we finally crawled out of bed and spent the morning together making breakfast and getting ready for the day. I couldn't help but notice that Sakura was glowing, she had a little extra pep in her step. It was nearing noon when she announced she needed to get going.

"I'll walk you to the hospital. They're probably wondering where I disappeared to." Except they probably didn't have to wonder all that much.

As we walked to the hospital I began thinking of what I had asked her yesterday, wondering how it would be able to work.

"Sakura?"

"Hmm?"

"About yesterday, what I asked you, are you sure you want to? Will you be able to?"

"I have a trusted team who knows my vision. We have overseen enough of the clinic developments that it's become routine for them."

She immediately answered like she had already put so much thought into it. It was a prepared statement.

"I'm going to speak with them today actually. Now that you're pretty much healed you can begin traveling again, we can begin traveling."

"I don't want you to feel like you have to abandon your dream for me."

She shook her head, "I'm not abandoning it. They will contact me as needed and I can check in periodically. You've been my dream for a long time too Sasuke."

Knowing she should be with me made me excited to get on the road again. I wanted to see everything with her. Once we arrived at the hospital we went our separate ways, her to make her rounds and me to go back to my room.

The day felt like it dragged on forever. I had multiple doctors in and out of my room, performing tests and was currently waiting to start my last healing session.

I heard a soft knock at my door and was pleasantly surprised to see Sakura step in. "Hi" she greeted with a smile. I could see she was just as happy to see me.

I was sitting on the edge of the examination table, legs hanging off the side. She crossed the room and stood between my knees to give me a hug.

"How was your day?" I asked, hand resting on her hip.

"Even better now that I'm with you" she whispered as she leaned in to kiss me. I pulled her in closer, returning her kiss.

Just as I slid my tongue across her lower lip someone had cleared their throat as they entered the room. Sakura jumped in surprise and turned scarlet red.

"I see you're feeling better Sasuke" the doctor joked as they entered the room but continued before Sakura could stammer out her apology, "Sakura is officially finished with her assignment at the hospital as of today. And also, as of today Sasuke, you're being released from the hospital as your injury is completely healed."

"Sakura is a very important person to this hospital, as well as all the other nations awaiting the opening of their facilities. We know she is capable of many things and is very strong, take care of her."

I stood and bowed slightly to show my respects. "With my life, sir."

He spoke with Sakura for a moment longer before leaving us alone again. After closing the door she crossed the room to me again.

"I locked it this time."