Chapter 51

Sakura slept in late, which she needed, so I didn't mind. I hadn't moved from my spot on the floor next to Sarada. I watched as her chest rose and fell with each breath, I would regularly change out the cool rag on her head, whatever she needed I did.

She began to stir and slowly opened her eyes, looking around her. "Mama?" she called out groggily.

I reached over and grabbed her hand, "Papa's here Sarada."

She saw me and immediately reached her arms for me and I leaned over her to hug her after removing the rag from her head. Her arms wrapped around my neck and I felt her holding my hair at the nape of my neck.

"I missed you" she told me, I could hear the emotion in her voice.

"I missed you too" I responded back. I had, more than anything. I brushed back the wet hair that had gotten stuck to her forehead. "Mama said you're not feeling well."

She nodded her head somberly. "I think it's because I missed you."

It broke my heart because she was right. The emotional trauma of me leaving caused her to awaken her Sharingan at such a young age. Had I not left this wouldn't have happened.

Sakura came in the room a few minutes later. "Hi Sarada. How are you feeling?"

Sarada shrugged her shoulders and played with her fingers. "I'm happy Papa is home" she admitted quietly.

"I'm happy he's home too. Are you hungry?"

She nodded her head which was a great sign. Sakura went to the kitchen and re-entered the room shortly after with a tray holding the small bowl of miso soup with a spoon.

I had propped Sarada up some more on her pillows so she could eat. I took the soup and spoon from the tray and began to feed her small spoonfuls. She ended up finishing whole bowl.

She began to doze off again so Sakura and I took this opportunity to speak in the living area about what's going on with both of us.

"Thank you for coming home. I feel so bad" she said as she looked at her hands in her lap.

"Sakura don't feel bad about needing me. Especially when it comes to Sarada. Okay?" I would never want her to feel bad about this. She told me what was happening and I reacted on my own. I could tell this had been weighing on her.

"I'm taking Sarada in for an evaluation at the hospital this afternoon, just to make sure everything's okay. She had a pretty high fever."

"I'll be there. I should be back from Tazuna's soon."

I stood and pulled her up by her hands. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders and kissed my neck. "Thank you again."

I jumped through the portal to Tazuna's. They were all seated around the kitchen table, as if waiting for my return.

"How's Sarada?" Naruto asked as he sipped his tea.

"Still not good. We are taking her for an evaluation when I get back."

Naruto leaned back, putting both hands behind his head, "I'm relieved to hear. I told Tazuna he won't have to worry about those men anymore- it's taken care of. Mind if I go back with you? I'd rather not make a three day trip home."

I rolled my eyes and silently waved him over. He hopped up and we went back through together.