Chapter 26

The snow was steadily falling covering the landscape in a crisp white blanket. It seemed to have happened almost overnight.

We spent most of our days inside keeping warm and trying to find ways to entertain ourselves. We read a lot, sometimes Sakura would even read aloud to me. It was mostly medical related topics, things I had no interest in, but she liked it. I'd lay my head in her lap and she would leisurely run her fingers through my hair as she read.

Baths were becoming a favorite of hers. She's even convinced me to join her a few times but it was a ploy for massages. She never complained but I knew the changes her body was going through made her uncomfortable a lot. Any excuse to be closer to her was good enough for me.

Our post bath routine was to curl up in bed together and plan out the next stage of our journey or things involving the baby until we would fall asleep.

"Have you thought of any names?" I asked her as I rubbed her foot. She was laying down on the couch with her feet in my lap.

"I've not thought of one I've liked. It's hard to name someone you don't know. Have you?"

I had been mulling over names as well but I had only settled on one I liked if the baby was a girl.

"Hmm, possibly."

She sat up immediately interested. "What is it?"

"What if you don't like it? Like you said, it's hard to make someone you don't know." I did like this name a lot and it took me forever to think of it.

"Is it for a boy or girl?" she asked.

"Girl."

She clasped her hands together in from of her, brimming with excitement. "Please tell me Sasuke."

"Sarada."

"Sarada" she repeated to herself quietly. "Sarada Uchiha."

I watched as she turned the name over in her head. She was imagining what it would be like if we had a daughter, trying to place the name to an unknown face. A smile slowly spread across her lips.

"Sarada Uchiha. It's perfect."

"But only if we have a girl." I didn't want her to get too attached to the name just in case we have a boy. We still needed a name for him.

"Oh we can think of that later. We still have time." She rubbed her hands up and down her swollen stomach. Her hair was growing as quickly as her stomach and was resting near the middle of her back. She wore it in a low long ponytail most days.

I crossed the distance between us and kissed her deeply. She pulled back after a moment, laughing "What has gotten into you Sasuke?"

I looked at her deadpan, "Can I not kiss you?"

"You've been scared to do anything to me for a month. You just took me by surprise, that's all."

"Is that a challenge?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Bring it Uchiha."